“100%” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Duck Bay Hotel & Marina

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alexandria
Duck Bay Hotel & Marina
You added Duck Bay Hotel & Marina to your Saves list
Duck Bay | Loch Lomond, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, Alexandria G83 8QZ, Scotland   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Alexandria
stirling
“100%”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

We stopped at the Duck Bay Marina for lunch today the view 100% the food 100% the staff 100% What a great place cant wait to take my wife for a meal to show her what she missed to day. But will have to keep her away from the fantastic shop on the way in.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

This hotel needs a total refurbishment. It may have looked glam and the place to be in the 70's but c'mon we are livin in 2009 now, its stuck in a timewarp. Its all gold leaf and chintz.
I say this because the price that is charged for the rooms does not reflect in the decor. It cost my partner £150.00 for one room with sea view for one night. The room although clean was old fashioned and very small, quite claustraphobic actually. En suite also small with no window. Breakfast was limited and fry up was not buffet style so if you like a big hearty breakfast this is not the place to come.
On the upside the hotel was absolutley spotless and the views are tremendous if you book a room with a lochside view. The outside terrace view at the function suite is also lovely but this is usually used for weddings.
This hotel is the same as all the others in the loch lomond area, they are living off the back of the location, passing trade and weddings. Would I return? yeh maybe if the hotel had a refurb.

Glasgow
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

Very bad advert for Scotland- typifies everything that is wrong with hospitality and service in the area. Disinterested teenagers serving less interesting food at silly prices. Food is severely mediocre at best; generally tasteless and lacking any fresh zest- crepes at £7.95 should be freshly made not stale cold and hard. The only reason this place survives is that they only get to punt this rubbish, once only, to visiting tourists. Great place to view the Loch as long as it's for a quick drink only. DO NOT BE TEMPTED TO EAT HERE!
A terrible and costly experience that will never be repeated.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

What a terrible place. We spent over £70 on a Whetherspoons equivalent meal and a "good" bottle of wine which gave me the most terrible headache! It's location is fantastic and it could be a great place despite it's ugly facade, but the interior has been done to the highest degree of tackiness, the service is poor, the food is bad.
The restaurant menu is poor, dishes are muddled and incredibly over-priced (Gordon Ramsey would have a field day).
Would never recommend this, would never return!

Manchester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

Not impressed with this place at all and I never normally write negative reviews. I appreciate that these places are people's livelihoods and everyone has a bad day so as I say, not normally do I write bad reviews and try to look for positives - or keep my mouth shut.

In the case of the Duck Bay though I have to, and it's not that there's anything particularly wrong with it other than its just a complete rip off! We paid £300 for two nights to attend a wedding and I was expecting, for that price, something quite nice. Unfortunately it was little more than a travel lodge. Our room did have a view but it was obscured by a low roof. The TV didn't work (not that you could see it, being so small) and the shower was little more than a dribble. The room was tiny and the decor, well, never mind. Oh, and no internet, so I could see anyway.

How they can justify the price is beyond me, there must be a chronic shortage of rooms in and around Loch Lomond.

The staff weren't rude, but then again they were hardly beaming beacons of joy either.

Only good bit was the tasty breakfast. That was nice.

California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

It was the day before my wedding and my parents decided to take my extended family (from California USA) to Duckbay - not my choice as most locals would not give them the business due to the way they treat customers and their staff!! During the meal my godmother ordered hot water with her tea. This hot water ended up being spilled all over my arm and thigh. I ran to the toilet to put ice on my severe burn and when I returned to my table in pain was asked if I wanted my meal back.......to my horror they brought out my cold half eaten baked potato. Furious I complained to the manager who said "is it really that bad!" and offered to take the drinks off the menu... we had only ordered 4 cokes!! His attitude changed when my American relatives started taking photos of my burn and threatened to sue!!! We ultimately sought legal advice and used the photos of my burnt arm....which was bandaged during my wedding day :( and the scar I will unfortunately be left with. DO NOT STAY HERE PLEASE....like my caption says they do not deserve to be in business!!!!

Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Helensburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

Dined at the restaurant last night as we thought it would be a wonderful spot to enjoy the glorious views over Loch Lomond. The experience was dreadful from start to finish with disinterested arrogant staff who have no idea of the meaning of the word service. Lukewarm overpriced food served by a rude manager who was shockingly indifferent to our complaints.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Duck Bay Hotel & Marina? Share your experiences!