Spent two nights here while attending a wedding nearby. This is a lovely hotel in a beautiful setting right on the edge of Loch Lomond. The property was very welcoming and well maintained with luxuriant flower baskets and tubs adding a very bright touch. The rooms were well furnished and the beds comfortable. We thought the rooms were on the small side but as we didn't spend much time in them that was not a problem. The staff were pleasant and very helpful and the on site public restaurant served excellent food from a varied menu. The restaurant was very busy and popular, a clear sign of somewhere good to eat. I believe it would be advisable to book but the service was prompt and attentive.
My only complaint was noise. We had rooms at the front facing the park and above the main entrance to the hotel. We were kept awake until about 1.15am by wedding guests celebrating within the hotel and then hanging around waiting on taxis to go home. I could hear clearly the conversation of guests on either side of me and in the morning was awoken early and for an extended period by a huge delivery truck delivering to the hotel. Despite this I would readily return to the hotel but would seek a room on the loch side of the building. We had a thoroughly enjoyable time and would recommend this hotel. On a sunny day there is no nicer place to be. And if you are interested in touring the area, there is easy and pleasant access to many of Scotland's best attractions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The recently re-furbished Duck Bay Hotel & Restaurant is situated amidst the spectacular scenery that is Scotland's National Park. Located on the Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond, Duck Bay is the perfect location whether enjoying a family day out, business meeting, celebrating a special occasion or taking a relaxing break. Located 2 miles north of Balloch just off the A82 and open 364 days of the year. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Duck Bay Hotel And Marina
- Duck Bay Hotel & Marina Scotland/Alexandria, United Kingdom
- Duck Bay West Dunbartonshire
- Duck Bay Marina Hotel