“Good to duck out of the rain” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Duck Bay Hotel & Marina

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alexandria
Duck Bay Hotel & Marina
Duck Bay | Loch Lomond, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, Alexandria G83 8QZ, Scotland   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Alexandria
Warsash
“Good to duck out of the rain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

They don't take bookings for Sunday lunch so we joust turned up and took our chances. They do a Sunday carvery and carvery lunches all week for about £10.95. It was raining heavily when we arrived but we were soon seated without problem at a busy time of the day. The view is great and it must be wonderful in the summer. They have menus to suite everyone and reasonable prices however I thought £7.20 was the most I have ever paid for two diet cokes, even in London! We did not stay at the hotel, but it would be a good stopping place on the route to Fort William and further North.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Fife, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I took my wife here for a 2-night birthday treat and she was not disappointed. I splashed out a wee bit and rented the Loch Lomond Suite, a huge room with three picture windows that overlook the loch. The room was very well furnished and the bathroom had a shower (which could have been more powerful) but there were the his and her sinks to compensate.

The restaurant where we te dinner was very warm and welcoming and served a very reasonable carvery. Drinks were on the expensive side, but that's not unusual for a hotel. The hotel is ideally placed for exploring Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park.

All in all a fab few days. We will return.

Room Tip: If you can afford the wee but extra go for the Loch Lomond Suite
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Inverness
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We had a great stay at the Duck Bay this w/e whilst celebrating a 50th party at Cameron House. Would like to say a big thank you to Aileen (think that was the right name) on reception who was definitely the star member of staff

Room Tip: One with a view and ask for a large room as though we had a balcony the room was snug
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights as part of a large wedding group. The hotel is conveniently located in a nice area by the lake. However, the room we got was tiny and didn't think it matched the price tag. I think they should have charged less for that room. Some of my friends asked for the same type of room (double room) and got a much larger place. I don't remember the room number but it was on the second floor.

You should also know that they are not very customer-oriented. We were arriving early (at around 10:00 a.m.) and asked if we could pay for half a board to be able to check-in early, but said no that we had to pay for a full night. So, we did. However, when we were getting ready to check out, the staff kept calling us to clear the room (note that we only checked out half an hour late). They even manipulated one of our friends who was waiting for us at the lobby into calling us to tell us she was waiting (they had called our room, my friend asked if it was us, the front desk staff then "decided" to put my friend on the phone making us believe she had asked for us. I guess so we'd hurry up.) My friend did not appreciate this and neither we did. It got to the point were I had to remind them of the full board they had charged us for the first night, and that us checking out half an hour later was more than fair.

The shower was also an issue as it was something you had to "hook" on the wall and became problematic, often spraying everywhere. And the bathroom was very small.

The breakfast was good and plentiful. The lady serving the breakfast area was very nice.

If you can afford it, I suggest you stay at Cameron House. We didn't stay there because we were with a wedding group, but otherwise I wouldn't even have hesitated. The Cameron House is beautiful; it's what you think of Scotland. It's also next door to the Duck Bay.

Room Tip: If you book a double room, ask if it's one of the small ones. If so, ask to be changed to a lar...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed one night at the Duck Bay and I have to say it was Pretty Good. Not amazing, but also not terrible. Accommodation was comfortable and clean. We were in Room 5 which had a lovely seating area outside for a wee glass of wine. We stayed whilst a wedding was on and we were warned there would be noise - but it really wasn't that bad. Situation of this hotel is fantastic - with amazing views across the loch. Have to say I was a bit disappointed with breakfast - it was a bit basic and there was nothing particularly special about it - but again, very functional and did the job. We had a lovely stay here - I would go back if I needed accommodation in Loch Lomond but if I was going for a special occasion I think I'd probably look further afield.

Alexandria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My partner & I recently visited with a view to booking a suite for our wedding night the suites are quite expensive (£229-£249 PER NIGHT) WE ASKED FOR A LOOK AT THE ROOM & WHERE REALLY PLEASED WITH THE SIZE & VIEW BUT THE DECOR/BEDDING AND FURNITURE ARE VERY VERY BASIC FOR THE PRICE ? i was very disapointed :(
The standard rooms have been updated recently and are nice,but small.

our wedding isnt until 2014 hopefully someone from duckbay will see this and update the furnishings or even just the bedding ?

Room Tip: choose a room with an even number as they come with good views and a balcony.
Helensburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Yet again the staff at the Duck Bay Marina Restaurant were Efficient, Very polite and Pleasant to talk to.
The Food was outstanding again and the restaurant/bar staff never fail to deliver a very high standard.
I will certainly be back and will recommend family and friends alike.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Duck Bay Hotel & Marina? Share your experiences!