“Fabulous Location, Excellent Staff... but not quite as good as before” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cameron House on Loch Lomond

You added Cameron House on Loch Lomond to your Saves list
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, Alexandria G83 8QZ, Scotland (Formerly De Vere Cameron House)   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Alexandria
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Berkshire
“Fabulous Location, Excellent Staff... but not quite as good as before”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The location of Cameron House is amazing - you will in no way be disappointed. Also the staff are excellent and are so friendly and helpful...nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast buffet was really good with plenty of options. The room service was very prompt and not too badly priced.
I have been lucky to stay at Cameron House before and have to say it wasn't quite a good as before but it was mostly due to the small touches that were missing. We stayed in a garden view which is more like a back of the building view of the trees, there was no garden in sight! The room had no bath but had a lovely big shower. The toilet was rather low and had no toilet seat, which is no major problem except that the heated towel rail was right beside the toilet and there were only a couple of hooks elsewhere in the bathroom to keep your towels. There were no slippers but there were nice bath robes. The fridge is not stocked as a mini bar but does have a carton of milk (excellent idea) and a still and fizzy bottle of water. The tea and coffee tray had no standard tea...just your fancy ones and only one coffee sachet. This was not stocked up either during our stay and we had to phone and ask for more coffee on the 2nd morning. The rooms although nicely done have very poor lighting for doing your makeup and were rather on the cold side. Apart from this Cameron House is still one of my most favorite places in the world...I just urge De Vere to remember all the nice small touches that add to a stay!

Room Tip: Pay for a loch view - garden views are disappointing
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (623)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I had issues with this hotel from the get go, but trudged on despite all the problems. On our arrival the hotel computers crashed, and I thought "here we go", but let me tell you the rest of our 3 days were spent in a clean well appointed room, staff were pleasant and friendly. Food, bar, and service was good. Grounds are lovely (despite the ducks and geese). I would recommend this place to anyone. Wifi good. Take the seaplane tour.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Everything about this hotel is quality from the rooms through to the food. Service throughout is excellent. The healthclub is very good but the spa is located at another location on the golf course a few miles away but with a shuttle bus connection

Lossiemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We have just returned from a special birthday break at the De Vere Cameron House Hotel, and it was a fabulous experience from start to finish. The staff were so polite and helpful. The spa was fantastic.Our room was beautiful and the grounds were spectacular. In fact if you get the chance to visit don't hesitate you won't regret it! It was out of this world luxury from beginning to end. Looking forward to our next visit!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

My now fiancé took me to Cameron House for a surprise. When we got there to check in everyone was very nice and nobody walked by us without saying hello. We are a young couple so I felt out of place at first but the hotel staff soon made me feel welcome. Anyway we were shown to our room and 2nd surprise was a bouquet of beautiful flowers organised by my fiancé but placed in the room for our arrival by the staff. My fiancé expected a garden view room but the lady he had been speaking to to set up my surprise had arranged a Loch viewing room. It was amazing!! once settled we went to the swimming pool which to me a non-swimmer I was dreading but enjoyed it as it was at a good temperature for me to just float about. After swimming we went and got ready for our meal which had been arranged to be in our own private room and we received our own personal waitress Nicole who was lovely and we could not fault her. The room also looked onto the Loch and added to the atmosphere for our stay. Candle lit dinner looking at the beautiful views! Stunning. Anyway once our dinner had been served we took a walk outside to the Loch side and my fiancé proposed!! We walked back into the hotel were the reception staff and the waitress Nicole where waiting for find out my answer. Apparently everybody new but me! After this we went to the bar to have a celebratory drink and the bar man surprised both of us with two glasses of champagne on the house and a big smile saying congratulations! When returning back to our room Nicole had taking chocolates up while we were outside and left a lovely note! I could not fault this place one tiny bit and I am now looking at getting married here as the service was amazing and if they can put that much attention to detail into a proposal imagine a wedding!! Amazing and thank you soo much!

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here for 2 nights and the whole experience was excellent, it defiantly earns it's 5 star rating! Upon arrival my partner was a bit worried that it may be a bit snooty after some experiences of that at other 5 star hotels, however she couldn't have been more wrong, we felt very welcome and all the staff were very friendly and helpful, they are a credit to the hotel! The style of the hotel is very classy and I loved the scottish theme throughout. We had a meal in the cameron grill and it was excellent, and afterwards a few drinks in the great scots bar which is a really nice area and a totally relaxed feel! I honestly cannot fault the hotel at all after our experience, worth the money and we will defiantly be returning for another stay!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Norwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from a 4 night break at Cameron House where celebrated our 7th Wedding Anniversary. The weather was typically poor everyday but the hotel was first class! I can not wait to go back!

Everything from start to finish was generally fantastic.....

The Pro's.......

~The concierge "Brian" was a true gentlemen, he could not have looked after us any better.
~All of the staff on reception were amazing, we were greeted with a free upgrade to a whiskey suite when checking in so were lucky enough to have a beautiful view of the loch. Thank you!
~Breakfast in the Cameron grill! Great selection in a amazing setting
~The Spa, my wife had a treatment and we both used the facilities at the Spa. It's the Best!
~The Carrick golf course! A real gem! Great staff in the pro shop and some of the very best views I have ever seen on a golf course on the 14th, 15th and 16th holes! (Wouldn't rush to play the wee demon course again)
~Clay pigeon shooting, Stan's the Man! A great morning of fun, a must do!

Con's
~My only criticism was with a few of the waiting staff. We were kept waiting 25 mins for our table at the Boat House and we had pre booked? We also dined in the Cameron grill on our first night and this was very average.

Overall one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in and will definitely be returning at some point!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Cameron House on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!