The location of Cameron House is amazing - you will in no way be disappointed. Also the staff are excellent and are so friendly and helpful...nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast buffet was really good with plenty of options. The room service was very prompt and not too badly priced.
I have been lucky to stay at Cameron House before and have to say it wasn't quite a good as before but it was mostly due to the small touches that were missing. We stayed in a garden view which is more like a back of the building view of the trees, there was no garden in sight! The room had no bath but had a lovely big shower. The toilet was rather low and had no toilet seat, which is no major problem except that the heated towel rail was right beside the toilet and there were only a couple of hooks elsewhere in the bathroom to keep your towels. There were no slippers but there were nice bath robes. The fridge is not stocked as a mini bar but does have a carton of milk (excellent idea) and a still and fizzy bottle of water. The tea and coffee tray had no standard tea...just your fancy ones and only one coffee sachet. This was not stocked up either during our stay and we had to phone and ask for more coffee on the 2nd morning. The rooms although nicely done have very poor lighting for doing your makeup and were rather on the cold side. Apart from this Cameron House is still one of my most favorite places in the world...I just urge De Vere to remember all the nice small touches that add to a stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent baronial mansion surrounded by 100 acres of woodland, Cameron House on Loch Lomond, blends traditional Scottish influences with sumptuous contemporary decor to offer guests a memorable stay in the finest surroundings. This is your loch side Baronial mansion and so much more, with a Championship golf course, a luxury resort spa with rooftop infinity pool, a range of luxury traditional and contemporary suites with views overlooking Loch Lomond and some of the most supreme dining imaginable, all bundled up and served with the heartiest of Scottish hospitality. Cameron House on Loch Lomond is every part the five star Scottish experiences and located just 25 minutes from Glasgow International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, LateRooms, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Cameron House on Loch Lomond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Cameron House Hotel West Dunbartonshire
- De Vere Cameron Hotel
- Cameron House Hotel
- De Vere Cameron Arden
- Cameron Hotel House
- Cameron House On Loch Lomond Scotland/Alexandria, United Kingdom