“Great hotel, friendly staff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cameron House on Loch Lomond

You added Cameron House on Loch Lomond to your Saves list
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, Alexandria G83 8QZ, Scotland (Formerly De Vere Cameron House)   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Alexandria
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Scotland
“Great hotel, friendly staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Recently stayed overnight at Cameron House Hotel - was a bit concerned as so many reviews criticising staff - my concern totally unfounded as all staff were very nice and helpful. Hotel rooms lovely with great view of Loch Lomond , food at hotel excellent and had a great experience at the Carrick Spa.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (625)
Renfrew, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Just returned from this amazing hotel on the bonnie banks of loch lomand, the breakfast is one of the best in variety and taste I have ever had. The staff, cleanliness, spa and food are fab. Will def return.

Room Tip: Loch view room and room service superb
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Ayr, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here to celebrate my husbands 70th birthday what a truly wonderful stay thanks everyone for making this trip a memorable time our son and daughter-in -law flew up from Southampton to join us which was another surprise for the birthday chap the view from our room was fantastic and the room was superb so are all your staff we have stayed in lots of Hotels around the world but yours takes some beating we will be back my husband was truly blown away with the whole experience so many thanks for making this a special time for my husband and family

Room Tip: sorry we had such a lovely room dont want to share it in case I am unable to get it when I book agai...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
CameronHouseLL, General Manager at Cameron House on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
A huge thank you for your review! I am delighted that you chose Cameron House to celebrate such a special birthday! I am also extremely pleased that we were able to deliver a tremendous experience to help you celebrate this. I am really pleased that our team helped make this such a great experience and your kind feedback is very encouraging.
I do hope to welcome you back to celebrate future special occasions and please do let us know which bedroom you stayed in so we can do our very best to allocate this again for you!

Warwickshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights between Christmas and New Year in a loch view room as a Christmas present to ourselves! Looked the scottish feel...tartan decor and the wee shop. Stunning and picturesque location, we feel like we were in a film. We had booked the Martin Wishart michelin star restaurant for dinner on our first night and weren't disappointed - the food was out of this world. Our first experience of a michelin star restaurant and can honestly say the best food we have ever tasted.

The choice at breakfast was huge...from continental to full scottish breakfast complete with haggis to pancakes and porridge. Filled us up for our days walking around the loch and exploring the area by visiting Inveraray Castle and Glengoyne distillery.

We didn't eat in any of the other restaurants as they were fully booked - would recommend booking before you arrive so instead tried the Balloch House pub for dinner which was also lovely.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
A huge thank you for your review! I am really pleased that you enjoyed a terrific festive break with us at Cameron House it is wonderful that you enjoyed the best meal you have ever experienced in Michelin Star Martin Wisharts. It is also wonderful that you found the resort to offer such a lovely picturesque location and you were able to experience some great local attractions during your stay.
Once again, thank you for your recommendation and I hope to welcome you back and that we deliver another terrific stay for you.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Just returned from this most amazing Hotel and Spa! This was a surprise Mother's Day gift and was taken here by my daughter. The hotel is very impressive. The staff are all extremely friendly and helpful, could'nt do enough for you. Room was excellent, everything you could want - beds very comfortable. Also visited the Carrick Spa. . This was something else! Absoloutley incredible, infinty pool on the rooftop is just breathtaking - the view from here is beautiful. Also had a lovely meal in The Claret Jug, food was excellent! Driven back to the hotel in one of the Hotels' fleet of cars. The breakfast was of excellent quality, I've never seen such a choice of food, anything you want! Also had lunch in The Boathouse, again food of excellent quality and very friendly and helpful staff. Finally a visit to The Cameron Club for a manicure and hair appointment. Treated extremely well and was made to feel very welcome. Will definatley be back! Is a must for anyone looking for 5* treatment and extremely frinedly and polite staff. Can't recommend it enough, absoloutley amazing place!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Linlithgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

My review does not concern the bedrooms, they are beautiful!! .
My review is regarding the Spa at Cameron house, my daughter booked the two of us as a treat for mothers day, also we were attending a wedding at another hotel the same day.
We were really looking forward to having a lovely experience, we arrived to a rather stern faced girl who was to do our hair and my daughters makeup, she was not in the least friendly, started to do my hair, my daughter had to ask her for the glass of bubbly we were sposed to be given, she handed it over looking rather stressed!!!.The room was drab and noisey from the pool outside the door, no nice music, just a very rushed event.
I have to say our hair was gorgeous and makeup fab!!! However I think the stylist needed assistance as she looked very grumpy. Would not go back, very disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your feedback. It is very disappointing to learn of your experienced and I do apologise that you were not welcomed more warmly or made to feel that you are valued during your treatment. Please be assured that your feedback has been shared with our Director of Spa and Leisure. Despite the issues mentioned I am pleased that you were both happy with the final quality of treatments received.
I hope that we can welcome you back and that you experience the warm, professional service that we pride ourselves on delivering to all guests that visit Cameron House.

Best wishes,
The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Our favourite Loch Lomond haven is sliding........and becoming known for this in the area!
The Whiskey Bar has all but disappeared - afternoon tea was a delight served by Glenda ( also gone ) ! The beautiful comfortable sofas and seats have been replaced by ridgid tables and chairs - the tasteful homely atmosphere only a memory. To make matters worse I was given a lecture by a pompous penguin ( apparently new butler ) as to afternoon tea etiquette! I have actually had afternoon tea in Raffles ( Singapore ) and many similar establishments. I left the premises ! Where is Glenda I ask myself? Where has the ambiance gone and why? Disastrous management decision.
The wine quality is appalling - £9.50 ish for a glass of cheap wine - the same wine for sale here in Holland at the local supermarket for €6 ! Cameron House did provide good quality wines for these prices.
Service......going downhill fast. On our last visit to Scotland we were warmly welcomed in the Lomond arms Hotel for dinner - by old Cameron House staff! Hmmmmmmm.
The location of Cameron House is truly breathtaking however the high standards initially adopted following the massive renovation has been sliding constantly and needs to be addressed. My marks out of 10 for the following :

Location & decor 10
Service in food & beverage 6
Porter/ driver / doormen 10
rooms & cleanliness 10
Afternoon tea. 6 ( was 10 )
General food quality. 6
Beverages 4

Cameron House has all the ingredients to be exceptional, however certain aspects must improve to return to its former glory.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your review. I am extremely sorry that your most recent visit to Cameron House was not of the quality that you ware used to experiencing from our resort. I sincerely value your feedback and take all your comments on board constructively. Despite the issues identified I am pleased that you found our Concierge team very welcoming and the resort to offer great bedrooms and standard of cleanliness.
I do hope to welcome you back in the near future and deliver the level of stay that you were used to experiencing from Cameron House.

Andy Roger

Been to Cameron House on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!