“Fantastic hotel, amazing location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cameron House on Loch Lomond

You added Cameron House on Loch Lomond to your Saves list
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, Alexandria G83 8QZ, Scotland (Formerly De Vere Cameron House)   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Alexandria
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel, amazing location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

A group of us stayed at Cameron House in January 2013 and had a short but fabulous stay. We love Loch Lomond and wanted a good quality base and have certainly found that with this hotel. On arrival I was delighted with the warm dark interiors and the modern Scottish feel of the carpets and furnishings. Our room was a standard bedroom and was really big, bathrobes and slippers, tea/coffee and fresh milk. The bathrooms are great, lovely big walk in showers, and good quality chunky white towels. The hotel has a great little gift shop, a brilliant swimming pool and water slide, nail shop, squash court, gym plus all the outdoor activities it offers - you can't go wrong! We all loved breakfast, good quality food and a great selection. In the grounds of the hotel, there are villas you can hire which look great too. The only thing I would change would be to have a little bit more lighting in the bedrooms as they are just a little bit to dark. Overall a great hotel with friendly staff and good customer service - we most certainly recommend this hotel. Enjoy!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (565)
Saltcoats, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We went to Cameron House for our Christmas party with our staff. We have been to Cameron House a few times and each time we go we are never disappointed. This hotel is set right beside Loch Lomond and has spectacular views. The hotel has a cosy castle feel to it and the staff are fantastic. Food is amazing in the Cameron Grill and the the Boathouse. The Christmas Party night was a great night - quite a small gathering with great food and great music. We opted for Loch View Rooms which are always worth paying the extra and the rooms had recently been upgraded to a extremely high standard.We relaxed in the Scots bar the next day and had afternoon tea by the window overlooking the loch and it was so nice we really did not want to leave. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to get away from it all.

Room Tip: Loch View Rooms have the view and are more spacious than the standard rooms - if you are looking for...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
CameronHouseLL, General Manager at Cameron House on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
A huge thank you for your review. I am delighted that you have visited Cameron House on so many occasions and appreciate you bringing your team here for a Christmas treat. I really do value you advising other travelers what a welcoming baronial feel our resort has and how friendly and professional you have found our team to be.
I hope that you are able to return in the near future and thank you again for your recommendation.

Livingston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

we stayed at Cameron House for 3 nights. The 2nd day/night was my birthday, so the trip was a treat for me. From the moment we arrived, we really felt special. The staff are amazing at this hotel. We felt so valued, and the service we received was the best I have ever experienced. When we booked, I specifically requested a room with a seperate shower, as, due to a disability, I cannot get in or out a bath. However, when we were shown to our room, there was no seperate shower, but a shower over the bath - I immediately went to reception to let them know the problem, and within 10 mins we were being shown to our new upgraded loch view bedroom with a wet room - for me, problems are not as important as how the staff react to the problem, and we were very impressed with the way they immediately sorted this out for us. Our bedroom was amazing. We had the most stunning view over the loch and the bed was large and very comfortable. On the first night we ate at the Boathouse resturant and it was a wonderful meal. the 2nd day, we had a champagne high tea after our loch cruise for my birthday, and this was amazing. The third night we ate in the Great Scots bar and again were very impressed with the quality of the food. From the concierge to the bar staff, from reception to housekeeping staff, everyone was truly amazing. Also, I have to say that the breakfast selection was one of the best I've ever seen. I was delighted with the choice and thoroughly enjoyed my breakfast each morning. We decided on our 2nd day there that we are definitely going back in June to celebrate my husband's birthday. I would recommend Cameron House to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your review! I am delighted that we were able to exceed your expectations and that you were made to feel so special during this birthday celebration.
It is a huge compliment indeed that the best service you have ever experienced has been on our resort.
It is fantastic that you are returning in Junbe to celebrate your husbands birthday and please let us know if there is anything we can do to make this occasion extra special.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Apologies for the lateness of this review, we stayed here for 3 nights last March. Upon arrival we were upgraded to one of the whiskey suites, first time that had ever happened to us! Which to be honest was amazing!! I think it was Tony (it's saying something that I remember his name after almost a year) who met us at reception and dealt with all our queries during our stay. He was a credit to the hotel, always had time to speak to us when we passed by!

The suite was all that we could of asked for and more. Everything had a feel of quality about it! It had quite possibly the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in!

Food was excellent, we ate in the Martin Wishart - outstanding, boat house - good hearty food and the Grill - again excellent.

To top it all off I proposed to my girlfriend on the last night of our stay and we're getting married in October 13. Any rooms available for honeymoon? ; )

• Stayed March 2012
Congratulations! I am delighted that Cameron House was the perfect place for you to propose to your fiancée and that you both enjoyed such a memorable stay.
It is great that you were able to experience so many different elements of our resort and I appreciate you communicating that Tony’s warm personality really stood out.
Thank you again for your review and I am sure we could find a room for you on your special day!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

From the relaxed luxury of the Great Scots bar, the fabulous gantry of the Whisky Bar, or the opulence of the fine dining at Martin Wishart, this place is one of the best you could choose in the greater Glasgow area. Perhaps we're biased as we got married here and so it brings back some special memories, but every time we go back there is still something special about the place, and the newer additions at the Carrick and Boathouse restaurants seem to continue the exacting high standards.

Room Tip: Has to be Loch View for the full Loch Lomond experience!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
A huge thank you for your review and for recommending Cameron House. I am delighted that Cameron House is such a sentimental place for you and that you regard our more recent developments around the resort highly.
I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We had an amazing stay at Cameron House. The front doorman parked our car and the concierge helped us to our room. The rooms were modern, extremely comfortable and we had a lovely view of the loch. All staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were lovely with a large selection. We spent an afternoon in the Great Scott's bar with the Sunday papers, coffee and a couple of drinks, very relaxing. The leisure facilities were top class. We ate in the Boathouse and nearby Duck Bay Marina, both of which were nice. Returning in March for my birthday, can't wait!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed a fabulous stay with us and really value you highlighting the aspects of our resort that you enjoyed.
I look forward to you returning and wish you a very happy birthday indeed when the time arrives!

Alloa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed here 11th January for 2 nights in junior suite room 97. From second we arrived made to feel so welcome greeted by front doorman who parked our car and took us to reception with our luggage where we were a bit early but got checked in right away. He then showed us to our room taking our luggage for us. our room was fantastic, everything perfect, great 2 nights sleep in huge bed, view of loch amazing. Great to wake up to first thing in the morning. Dinner on first night in Cameron Grill staff so attentive slight problem with one of the meals (personal taste) was immediately taken care of. Special thanks to Ashley for looking after us at dinner. Whether your relaxing in the Great Scots bar or relaxing in Jacuzzi whole experience 10/10. Already looking at booking back up. Thank you to everyone at Cameron House for a wonderful relaxing weekend!

Room Tip: If you can Loch View you wont be disappointed.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
A huge thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoyed a fantastic two night stay at Cameron House. I am especially pleased that you were made to feel so welcome from the moment that you arrived in the resort and I am delighted that Ashley looked after you so well during your meal.
Overall, your feedback is really encouraging and it is a huge compliment that you already arranging your next visit!

Nader Ibrahim

Been to Cameron House on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!