“An experience never to be forgotten” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Martin Wishart at Loch Lomond

Martin Wishart at Loch Lomond
Cameron House, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, Alexandria G83 8QZ, Scotland
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Martin Wishart at Loch Lomond is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Edinburgh���s esteemed chef, Martin Wishart, has added a touch of Michelin-starred luxury to the already impressive Cameron House ��� a stylish hotel on the shores of Loch Lomond. Head Chef Stewart Boyles worked with Martin in the kitchen at Restaurant Martin Wishart, so it���s no surprise that the food here is similarly flawless. The menu features elegant French dishes like roast John Dory foresti��re with truffle jus; Jerusalem artichoke velout�� with langoustines; and a lighter-than-air passion fruit souffl��. The restaurant itself is light and airy with striped chairs, comfortable banquettes and shades of taupe and plum creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere. The attentive service, unpretentious atmosphere and thoughtfully chosen wine list complete this unforgettable dining experience.
scotland
“An experience never to be forgotten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

First of all a huge thank you to Christian, Graeme and the team for making my birthday one to remember. The whole Martin Wishart @ Loch Lomond experience was fantastic from start to finish.

The dining room is beautiful, it’s tastefully decorated and has a wonderful atmosphere – not at all stuffy or pretentious (as I’ve experienced in some other fine dining restaurants). We were immediately made to feel welcome. The front of house staff were warm, friendly, professional and extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of the food and wine. They understood the correct amount of interaction to have with diners and seemed genuinely proud and happy to be working there.

The food was exquisite. Each course was beautifully presented and explained in detail. Just when you thought you had eaten your favourite course, the next one proved to be even more impressive! I have to mention in particular the banana, nut and chocolate dessert – it was heaven on a plate!

I can’t recommend highly enough – go visit, you won’t be disappointed.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

lanark
“Out of this world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went on a Saturday night for dinner with my girlfriend and had the most wonderful evening. We both had the 7 course taster menu and the standard of cooking for each course was very very high. I won't go into detail for each course as it would take all day but the beef course we had was truly amazing the best beef i have tried. I will be returning :)

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Graeme Cheevers and his team are Genius”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We spend the most spectacular Sunday afternoon at Martin Wishart with Graeme and his team and experienced a true work of art - a visual feast - we feel that in this case images speak louder than words (see attached photos).

Try the set three course ‘Du Jour’ lunch at £28.50 which is exceptional and it is a great way to experience Michelin Star - it really was value for money.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Everything I could have Imagined and More!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I can't even begin to praise this place highly enough. Dined here for my 21st birthday and everything exceeded perfection from start to finish.The gentleman who greeted us (Miguel? I think) was a wonderful friendly face and instantly made us feel welcome. Dined from the Tasting Menu and found that they are so flexible and Simon was a wonderful help to us in choosing our courses (the Langoustine special as you said was incredible!) As each course came out the food was of the finest qualityand there was obviously so much thought and imagination put into our dishes (some photos are attached). The staff were so knowledgable and could tell you any information you wanted to know about how the food was prepared. We chose to add in the optional cheese course and Christopher (whom his colleague accurately described as the "cheese encyclopedia!") was phenomenal - obviously caring about great customer service and knowing every minute detail of every cheese on the trolley. The Somellier as well (I'm sorry I didn't catch your name) was brilliant - I asked him the difficult task of finding a sweet wine that would best compliment my cheese course and my chocolate dessert and he seemed to know the perfect wine in an instant, never ever doubt that man! As a treat for my birthday our waiter also brought out a 'Happy Birthday' platter of petit fours which was such a lovely touch (I'm sorry I didn't catch your name either, but your service was flawless throughout our evening) and one I really appreciate. A final mention also goes to the lovely Romanian waitress who, despite my partner constantly sending her running for more bread, didn't stop smiling throughout the evening. A credit to the team and, although new there, I sincerely hope she stays at Wishart's for the forseeable future. A big congratulations should also go to the whole kitchen who consistently provided such beautifully presented and perfectly cooked food throughout the entire evening. The Langoustines/Parsnip & White Chocolate, Cod & Shrimp Gratin and homemade Banana Ice Cream with my dessert I must say deserve a special mention!! A truly wonderful experience, one I will never forget and a Restaurant I will never hesitate to recommend.

Visited February 2013
Perth
“A must at Cameron House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Had dinner here last month whilst staying at Cameron house, well we stayed there while we had dinner. The service was the first thing we noticed, absolutely perfect, could not fault a thing. We both had full tasting menu with wine and with every course the service continued to impress. The sommelier and a young waiter stood out most of all. I asked questions about the dishes and methods of cooking and he knew all the answers such as the beetroot and horseraddish macaroons which were magical.

The food was fantasic, the ox tounge in the celeriac veloute fell apart and the mackerel dish was perfect. The only small faults would be foie gras had too much raw alcohol flavour from brandy, but the brioche was spot on, and the szechuan sauce on the beef needed more szechuan, both probably down to personal preference.

Overall the meal was outstanding, although a little pricey, but you get what you pay for and perfection has its price.

Would love to return soon!!!

• Visited January 2013