“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Albannach Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alexandria
Albannach Bed and Breakfast
You added Albannach Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
274 Main Street, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, Alexandria G83 ONU, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Alexandria B&B and Inns
Leicester
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

What can I say............ We have lost count of how many times we have stayed here since my first visit with one of my daughters in 2009. We look forward to every stay here as we know firstly that we will be looked after, the rooms are spotless and we know this having slept in every one!! Breakfast is a feast and nothing is too much trouble for this fantastic hard working couple, Jim is a real character and both he and Margaret are wonderful friendly people who go above and beyond to ensure your stay s as enjoyable as possible. I would urge anyone who reads the review to give it a try, you will it be disappointed, like us you will not want to leave, see you next year folks, many thanks for yet another wonderful stay in your stunning home.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is our fifth visit to this lovely B n B which really says it all. A warm welcome back from our lovely hosts Magaret and Jimmy. Once again the room was of a high standard and cleanliness second to none. Albannach is situated close to local amenities and attractions which makes it an excellent base. Owners Magaret and Jimmy if they had a motto I would imagine it would be "nothing is too much trouble". They are very flexibe, accomadating, professional and provide you with up to date loca information. Jimmy went above and beyond by offering to make an appointment with the local GP when I was having some mobility issues. Breakfast was served at a time of our choice with a great selection of food to choose from. I would highly recommend this fabulous little establishment to anyone travelling in this area. We will most definatley be booking again soon. Thanks Magaret and Jimmy..xx

Room Tip: Any room you won't be disappointed
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This was a very pleasant B and B . Warm welcome. Lovely breakfasts made to order. Room was clean and nicely furnished.Sun shone for the 3 days we stayed which was glorious! Only negative is that position is in a struggling town, but then this was reflected in reasonable price. Would use it again.

Room Tip: Very welcoming to dogs.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My partner and I stayed at this lovely B&B when we attended a wedding reception in the area. The owners are very welcoming and friendly. We had an upstairs attic room which was quite spacious and comfortable. The en-suite was very nicely decorated and good quality toiletries provided. The cleanliness was to a very high standard and the breakfast was excellent. Good choice of food, cooked to perfection. Very enjoyable stay and great value for money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stumbled upon this small house in Alexandria whilst travelling up to the Isle of Skye. While the town itself is nothing to write home about (apart from the remnants of the car factory!), this B&B was a little haven of luxury and peace. The hosts Jim and Margaret were very welcoming, the breakfast lovely, and the advice on where to eat an evening meal brilliant. I would recommend this B&B to anyone travelling around Loch Lomond.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Blackpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Our son stayed here whilst completing a cycle ride. Each day he spoke about Jim being extremely friendly and a great source of knowledge. He thoroughly enjoyed his breakfast, (he's a real lad!) and went for the full works, as he called it! His room which I sneaked a look at was large with ample room for luggage and relaxing. His room was extremely clean. Jim ensured our sons bike was secure and on leaving dispite our son reassuring us that he had checked his room Jim came out with his tooth brush! Our son loved his stay and is ready to book for same time next year. Thanks Jim!

Room Tip: chat to owners, a great source of knowledge.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I really don't know where to start with this...firstly I would urge anyone who is looking to stay here to research the area first as you are surrounded by boarded up houses and derelict properties which is not shown in the pictures or mentioned in the write up. It's certainly not what we expected when booking a stay in Loch Lomond. My fiance and I had booked this trip with our two children, aged 17 months and four years to celebrate our daughters 5th birthday, so we really wanted it to be a special trip. Other members of our family were joining us but they had booked to stay in Balmaha. When we arrived at Albannach we realised that admittedley, it was our error and due to our busy working lifestyles we hadn't researched enough on the area and also the distance that we were from our families., and with it being our daughters birthday the following day we wanted to be nearer our family. My fiance went to speak with Jim to explain our situation and see if there was some arrangement we could come to as we knew this would inconvenience them. Initially Jim seemed very understanding and agreed that we would stay one night then the following morning we would leave to find alternative accommodation. My fiance informed me of his decision so I returned into the building with my two children only to be met by a very irate Margaret who clearly didn't agree with Jim's decision. Very quickly the conversation became heated, after informing us that the commute to Balmaha was 'only 30 minutes and why didn't we just drive it daily' (amongst many other things). I explained it was too far for us to commute daily with the children and inconvenient she started insisting that we should pay for 3 nights but leave the premises immediately (to which Jim then agreed). When I asked him why he had suddendly changed his mind after agreeing with my fiance about the one night stay he said they would be out of pocket. I explained that we could not afford to pay for 3 nights and then have to pay for 3 nights elsewhere. Margaret's reply to this was 'that's not our problem, we are going to be out of pocket and we are going to take 3 nights payment off your card, if we sell the room you can have a refund' (as they had my card details) I explained that we would stay one night, obviously pay, then leave the following day to which she replied 'you will not stay, you will pay and you will leave'. Can I just stress that all this was happening infront of my children who were tired from the long journey, hungry and very upset (both of them were in tears) because both Jim and Margaret were raising their voices by this point. Margaret then pointed to both of my children and said that I was setting a bad example to them and teaching them really bad ethics!!. How dare she comment on anything but the situation at hand and pass judgement on me as a mother! To resolve the situation quickly, as my fiance and I are reasonable people and realise it was our fault that Jim and Margaret were going to be out of pocket, and to be honest, I wanted to get my children out of that situation as quickly as possible so I could comfort them, we just paid them for a night and left. (but again bear in mind we had two very young children with us, late in the evening an no-where to go thanks to Jim and Margaret!!) Other issues with this booking are that when I made it the confirmation page said that the total cost of our stay would be £90 yet when I questioned this with Jim when he charged us £65 per night , he said 'well that must have been per person or something' I'm no mathmatician but those sums certainly don't ad up!! There's alot more I could add to this review but think I will end it here. I am disgusted, upset and deeply offended by how we, and especially my children were treated by Jim and Margaret and I'm sure all the good reviews are true, I can only imagine they didn't need to re-arrange their bookings as it seems if you do, they are totally different people!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
jimandmags, Owner at Albannach Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Firstly, we are not “surrounded by boarded up houses and derelict properties” a fact easily checked by viewing our location on Google Earth.
Secondly, the lady reviewer made a booking for three nights and requested early access (11am) to the room. The family arrived at 5pm.
They then asked to cancel their booking without making any payment. I refused stating that as per our cancellation agreement we would take payment for one night only.
The lady became very irate, her partner apologised, paid and they left.
The lady then left a vitriolic review.

We really do try and accommodate our guests as best we can and I think the other reviews we have received indicate this.
In six years we have received only 2 negative reviews on Trip Advisor, neither of which was from people who actually stayed with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alexandria
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Sunnyside B&B
Sunnyside B&B
#9 of 24 in Balloch
4.5 of 5 stars 243 reviews

Been to Albannach Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!