This was my dream honeymoon! Everything I wanted and more! Be prepared for your own piece of paradise!
These beautifully appointed villas are clean, modern, self contained and best of all, private. There was no sharing of the resort with a bunch of other couples and families, these 3 villas are on the best part of the beach in all of Rarotonga! I cannot describe how magical it is to have an entire beach to yourself 90% of the time. We felt like we were the only people on the planet! The snorkelling straight off the beach is fabulous - it's like swimming in a giant aquarium. You don't need to travel to any other part of the island for snorkelling - we went to Blackrock and Fruits of Rarotonga and in my personal opinion, it was the best in front of Makayla Palms.
John and Rachel's hospitality is 5 star! With personal touches such as home baking delivered throughout our stay, tips on where to eat and a truly caring nature, made this one of the best holidays I've had in my life.
In terms of location, Makayla Palms is on the most gorgeous beach in Rarotonga. You will need a car though - especially if like us, you're quite independent. A lot of restaurants offer free pick up from your accommodation but we like the independence of a car. The Saltwater Cafe is an easy walk as is Fruits of Rarotonga (I highly recommend the fish & chips). I didn't mind renting a car as we got to check out some awesome restaurants around the island - choosing a different one for both lunch and dinner everyday.
If you're on your honeymoon or want some quiet time away, hand on heart, this is the place to stay. A huge thank you to John & Rachel for making our time in Rarotonga truly special. It's 8 days of our life we'll never forget!
- Also Known As:
- Makayla Palms Hotel
- Makayla Palms Hotel Titikaveka
- Makayla Palms Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makayla Palms boutique accommodation is situated in the heart of Titikaveka, and steps away from the stunning Titikaveka Lagoon. The white sandy beach is one of the premium spots on the island for snorkeling, swimming and kayaking. Makayla Palms is the ideal place for you to unwind and relax in modern and tasteful surroundings and from where you can enjoy all Rarotonga has to offer. Our focus is our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Makayla Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.