We spent five relaxing days at Makayla Palms and enjoyed every minute. The villas are well appointed and spotlessly clean, and John and Rachel were excellent hosts who give us many little extras like fresh fruit and baking. Although you aren't near much in the way of shopping or restaurants, the local bus service is cheap and runs hourly each way. The beach is only a few feet away although not visible from the villas. The beach is great (and very quiet), with superb snorkeling because there is a reef well offshore that results in a large lake-like area for snorkeling, swimming, kayaking, etc. John and Rachel provide the snorkeling gear and kayaks. One note: although the website is correct in saying "free WiFi", all that means is a connection to a telecom hotspot. You still have to buy a data account from the local phone company in order to access the internet.
- Also Known As:
- Makayla Palms Hotel
- Makayla Palms Hotel Titikaveka
- Makayla Palms Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makayla Palms boutique accommodation is situated in the heart of Titikaveka, and steps away from the stunning Titikaveka Lagoon. The white sandy beach is one of the premium spots on the island for snorkeling, swimming and kayaking. Makayla Palms is the ideal place for you to unwind and relax in modern and tasteful surroundings and from where you can enjoy all Rarotonga has to offer. Our focus is our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Makayla Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.