The reservation process was efficient and great communications with Mary who arranged airport transfers etc. We were greeted on arrival by the very friendly Aunty Lucky, overall we found the ladies who prepared breakfast and serviced our bungalow to be very good. Our beach front bungalow was exactly what we were looking for when seaching accommodation options in Rarotonga. Despite the effort the ladies working here put in to keeping this place very clean and tidy, its unlikely we would stay here again, we spent some time looking at other properties in Rarotonga and feel for simular money we could do better. There was a constant strong easterly wind the whole week, whilst the snorkelling was excellent, the wind made conditions in the lagoon difficult, we rode our scooter to find more sheltered lagoon. Our deck and outdoor area were awesome but the strong wind meant we couldnt use these areas often. The bungalow itself whilst clean had several maintenance issues, lights not working, broken louvres, bedroom fan only working on high speed etc. The mattress on the bed was one of those cheap hard foam things, uncomfortable and sweaty. There are very few dining/activity options within walking distance, if your staying for more than a couple of days, hiring a car or scooter is pretty much essential, taking all this into account, this facility is over-priced. The owner needs to invest in some basic maintenance and improvements or lower the prices then take all the lovely ladies that work here out to dinner! We loved our week in Raro and will be back.
- Also Known As:
- Rarotonga Beach Bungalows Hotel
- Rarotonga Beach Bungalows Hotel Titikaveka
- Rarotonga Beach Bungalows Cook Islands - Titikaveka
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With just five (5) deluxe beach bungalows clustered in a native village atmosphere, these units all offer the laid back and unique feeling of visiting the South Seas of the 1940's. All units front on a wide, white sand beach where the tropical lagoon in front is a national maritime protected area -- and,thus, allows endless snorkeling adventures. All bungalows are separate, free standing, Polynesian designed units. All have coconut thatch roofs, bamboo interior walls, colorful cloth on the ceiling and white sand at each bungalow entry. All are furnished with modern amenities. The property strives to offer the maximum BEACH fun with a 'spirit of the islands'. Nothing here is stuffy, snobby, stainless steel -- just a great secluded location for couples to enjoy the BEACH. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rarotonga Beach Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.