Staying at The Little Poly is truly a treat!
Recently we flew to Rarotonga. This will be our 4th time from Canada and our second stay at The Little Poly. Both times we have spent two weeks at the resort. A second stay there speaks volumes. This trip my Niece and her husband joined us to get married and spend their honeymoon at the resort. I will talk about the wedding specifically. We know the island extremely well and have chosen The Little Poly and continue to return to this resort for several reasons.
1. It is the best accommodation on the island as far as we are concerned. We stayed again in an Overbeach Are (Cabana). Each of the beachfront rooms are spacious, luxurious and well appointment. There are many genuine traditional Polynesian architectural appointments in the accommodation. The ocean view can be seen whether you are lounging outside on the day bed on your private deck, sitting in your indoor living room, or lying in bed. You have a magnificent view of the lagoon, reef and ocean from all points. The bathrooms are unique. You have a choice of the indoor shower or choosing to shower outside or use the jetted tub in your private outdoor spa area. A true romantic, luxurious touch!
2. The food. The day starts with the complimentary breakfast (wonderful) including: a large plate of fresh tropical, local fruit, yogurt, cereal, toast and fresh hot muffins (hot breakfast available at a reasonable additional charge). I believe they will deliver it to your room also if you choose.. Sit on your deck and enjoy the stunning ocean view - I've never done that but I see some people do. There have been days when we have eaten all our meals at the resort. The food is fresh, presented well, and simply delicious. The chef is new from last year and he is doing a fantastic job! We've also enjoyed mid afternoon Tapas and cocktails by the pool. Also we have hosted cocktail parties on our private deck and had the kitchen deliver Tapas to our Cabana. I just tell them how much I want to spend ask their opinion for the number of people and Poof seamlessly and effortlessly it arrives (do remember to give them some advance notice).
3. Location/ beach....I make a point of walking all the beaches on the island. This resort is located on the most pristine beach! I have walked by all the low, medium and high end resorts and there are few located on this perfect beach. This stretch of beach is where the reef is the farthest away from the shore. This results in a nice sandy beach and sandy water access. Snorkeling is fantastic here. If you read the guides it will tell you that the best snorkeling is at the Fruits of Rarotonga. This public access spot is just down the beach. We also will go snorkeling there a couple of times but most times we just snorkel right in front of the resort or take the kayaks out and paddle around the reefs. When you get up early and the water is like a mirror you can watch the parrot fish with their tails out the water feeding on the coral, the waves off in the distant crashing on the reef. Stunning!
4. This is an adult only resort. It is tranquil, romantic, and well appointed. Staying there rejuvenates you. We feel totally relaxed returning home.
5. The Staff. Even though I mention this last, it doesn't mean this is the least important....quit the contrary, they make the resort the top notch resort that it is. Dorice and her staff do an amazing job! When you arrive you are greeted warmly by the staff and shown to your room. Amazingly many of the staff remember us. Each member will try to make your stay as perfect as possible. In the true Polynesian style the people show grace and genuine warmth. They effortlessly quietly do everything they can to make your stay memorable. We take full advantage of all their services, from booking dinner in the cafe, to laundry, to booking tours, suggestions on things to see & places to go. They will do anything they can to make your stay perfect. I noticed one change over last year. With the nightly turn down service they also change our towels again at night a credit to their constant goal to improve. If you have taken the chance to get to know these people you will be sad to say good bye, but once you have stayed there once I think you will be back. We no longer even look at other resorts. Why would we? We may stay elsewhere and regret it, wishing we had returned to The Little Poly!
6. The wedding. We were lucky enough to have my niece Heather and her soon to be husband Jeff join us to get married and spend their honeymoon at the resort. My niece used the service of the wedding director at the resort in planning her event a smart and efficient way to do it. Dorice (managing director) married them on the beach in front of the resort! A short 10 steps to the water. Stunning! We followed the service with tapas and cocktails...Fantastic.....they went for pictures, upon their return we had the reception where else but the perfect place on the island... The Little Poly Dining experience - the ambiance was stunning....the reflection of the moonlight in the infinite pool the tiki torches....the table set perfectly - it had the look and feel of a true high end wedding. The staff did an unbelievable job!! Once again they exceeded our expectations. If you are considering a wedding in a tropical destination you won't regret having it here! Ask Dorice to see the pictures Jeff and Heather Hess's wedding I know she is proud of what she and her team have accomplished, as she should be!
If it sounds like I have no complaints and I don't but certainly judge for yourself. If you do have a concern just mention it to the staff I'm sure they will do everything in their power to correct it and make your stay memorable.
In the last couple of years we have gone to Southern Florida - Miami Key West, Rio Dejanerio, Nice France - The French Riviera, Germany, Vancouver......Rarotonga is the farthest destination and yet we choose to return, the resort, the people, the sights, you truly feel welcome and relaxed.....we are starting to plan our next return trip....to get there is 20hrs for us...but it is worth it.
T & M Canada
- Also Known As:
- Little Polynesian Hotel
- Little Polynesian Hotel Titikaveka
- Little Polynesian Titikaveka
- Little Polynesian Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Humble As Our NameOur facilities have all been completed upgraded to provide you with everything you need to experience the finest Polynesian experience that you can imagine. Here at the Little Polynesian we take great pride in our name, to us it signifies everything we have aimed to share... a humble, intimate, luxurious and yet remarkably friendly environment to warm your heart and recharge your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, EasyToBook, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Little Polynesian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.