First of all we stayed 12 days at the little poly. The setting is absolutely unbelievable....the beach front bungalows have elevated decks with day lounging beds looking out onto the prestine lagoon. I believe this area of the island has one of the widest lagoons which makes the wave action on the reef quieter but yet still spectacular from a distance and the water in the lagoon calmer. This is the 3rd time we have been to Rarotonga and this was by far the best resort we have researched and stayed at. The Polynesian influenced archectecture of the rooms and amenities are comparable to none on the island that I have seen. Ask Tiena, Jeanne or Dorice to explain the thoughts that went into these well appointed luxourious rooms. This property is definately a romantic getaway. I can see the appeal to honey mooners but those of us that aren't newlyweds will also appreciate it for its uniquesness, luxury and comfort. I hate to admit I'm getting older (45) but I appreciate a good bed and these are....you be the judge though. Your bungalow has privacy but if you want you can still meet your neighbors and have a drink with them by the pool or on the deck in front of your bungalow. Make sure you try their signature Sangria or Pina Coloda both are there own unique recipe..
Snorkelling, Wow! This is the best place on the island to snorkel. Everything you read will say in front of the fruits of Rarotonga, well guess what that is about the equivelant to a block down the beach. In our previous trips that is where we would go to snorkel but this time we just walked out our bungalow and into the water. I saw far more fish here and was thrilled to see some small giant clams (an endangered species in most of the world) that I never saw at lagoon area in front of the Fruits or Rarotonga. Also took the little poly kayaks out and saw some sting ray....never saw the turtles that are often sited in the area but next time!
The staff unbelievable. Always a smile and willing to help make your trip the most memoriable they can. We made plans to go deep sea fishing and before leaving the resort I checked with the chef Carlos to see if he would prepare the fish for us if we were lucky..."of course" was his answer! My partner caught a Wahoo I thought it was the most delicious fish dinner we had (I think pride makes us bias)....as the night before I thought the broadbill Carlos prepared was the best fish I had ever had. You won't be disappointed in the food at the resort. We definately had our share of tapas, and dinners on site.
While on the island I recommend:
-try the golf course it is unique
- walk a different beach everyday (you will be amazed at the different shells and how the people and reef will be different on each)
- go on the quads into the back country
- take the day trip to aitutake
- go pearl shopping you will find quite a range of prices
- Saturday morning market
or ask the staff what they suggest for activities.
My advice is to embrace the local culture on the island, and the people. Be polite and smile you will be amazed how friendly the people are and you can't help but have a good time. Certainly Dorice, Teina, Jeannine and the rest of the staff will do everything they can to insure you leave with the best memories of the resort and the islands.
T & M Calgary Ab. Canada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Humble As Our NameOur facilities have all been completed upgraded to provide you with everything you need to experience the finest Polynesian experience that you can imagine. Here at the Little Polynesian we take great pride in our name, to us it signifies everything we have aimed to share... a humble, intimate, luxurious and yet remarkably friendly environment to warm your heart and recharge your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Little Polynesian Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Polynesian Hotel Titikaveka
- Little Polynesian Titikaveka
- Little Polynesian Resort Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka