“Stopped in for Lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Titikaveka
newcastle
“Stopped in for Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

we were staying at a resort on the other side of the island but met Ovia (one of the managers) at the golf club & she said we should have a look at the resort. We stopped in for lunch the following sunday & it was amazing!!! Stunning pool, great snorkelling & food was lovely!! We were even allowed to use the kayak to go out snorkelling. It is pricey to stay here, but for honeymooners it would be fantastic. Quiet & Relaxing x

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
lpoly, Assistant Manager at Little Polynesian Resort, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for posting a review about our resort and restaurant. I am glad you enjoyed your lunch etc here.

289 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at this amazing place in November 2011, we had a fantastic time except for a few negative points. The room service , restaurant service and food in general were points I raised at the time we arrived home. Whilst Vicki and the staff always acknowledge these points in their comments and make very nice replies and say they will pass these on in their replies, nothing is obviously being done. Guests are still bringing up the poor room service and food in the more recent comments. When you are charging the prices Little Poly ask you really need to take action from guests comments!

Room Tip: Room 3 is excellent but make sure the room staff top up the condiments regularly, no fun in running...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Little Poly is in the most amazing part of Rarotonga. The beach villas are spectacular with equally great views. Sunbathing, snorkelling and swimming are only steps from your door.

We too were here when the film crew came through for a new campaign for the Cook Island Tourism. The film crew were capturing the best tourist spots and it was great to know that of all the places you can stay on the island, the crew felt this was the place to be. While filming, the crew were polite, professional and constantly checked they were not in our way. They were friendly and we had the opportunity to meet a group of amazing people who since their arrival had become very passionate about showing the world the beauty of the Cook Islands.

If this is not on your list of places to visit - add the Cook Islands with at least a few nights at Little Poly to your list! It's absolutely beautiful...

• Stayed February 2013
lpoly, Assistant Manager at Little Polynesian Resort, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Kia orana

Thank you so much for writing such a lovely review of our resort. It is interesting how 2 peoples view of the same event can be so very different. As I said to our previous reviewer we did find it a privilege for our little resort to be representing the Cook Islands in a promotion video. I am so glad you enjoyed our little corner of paradise. We hope to see you here again some day.
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The beach front rooms are amazing, but priced at amazing. No discounts here but they are worth it. The restaurant is average and the team can't make good cocktails (especially avoid the margarita if you like them). We loved our stay until a film crew promoting the place turned up and took over for a day. The staff handled this very poorly and it ruined our day. Other than that this may well be the best place to stay on the island?

Room Tip: Do not under any circumstances stay in a garden room! They have no outlook the a garden, just a wall...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
lpoly, Assistant Manager at Little Polynesian Resort, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
I am sorry you found my handling of your concerns unprofessional. I will speak to our Food and Beverage Manager about the cocktails, this is unacceptable. I have to agree having the film crew around may have been off putting. As a resort we felt it a privileged to have been asked to represent the Cook Islands in a marketing campaign targeted to the Australian and European market, but I can understand your annoyance and I apologize again. Fortunately having a film crew at our resort is not a regular occurrence.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

I took my partner here as a total surprise after the 5th day the staff did an amazing job setting up the on beach dinner private dining experience with lanterns, saw sunset and i took opportunity to propose to my partner.

many thanx Vicky & David for arranging local staff & musician.
I'll deff go back again.

• Stayed February 2013
Kia orana Thank you so much for the beautiful review and for letting us be a part of such a special event. It was lovely meeting you both and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We feel we have a special resort and I love that you are letting everyone know. I wish you all the best for the future and hope we will see you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 6 nights in January 2013.We arrived early on an airport transfer and were greeted with exceptional positivity and helpfulness! Our beach bungalow was delightful and the decor was contemporary and beautiful.The outdoor deck had fabulous views out to the beach (only a few steps away) and with both sun lounges and a comfy daybed would be hard to surpass. The outdoor bathroom was a welcome addition to accomodation and showering outdoors is a definite plus.We love the cafe/restaurant area at this resort.The outlook is superb, even at night ( when the pool lights add to the ambience).All staff are efficient and keen to make your stay great.My husband booked a massage on the outdoor deck and this was also wonderful.The beach on this part of the island is somewhat prettier than on the other side.We took our own coral shoes and found them useful. I loved hearing the sound of waves breaking on the reef. We enjoyed walking further along the beach in both directions after breakfast. The stand up paddleboards at this resort are particularly stable and perfect for beginners like me.We hired a car and found this a very convenient way of moving around the island at any time.Another restaurant on the island that we recommend you try is The Waterline Restaurant which has colourful sunsets on the western side of the island.The pathways from the bungalows to the resort restaurant at Little Poly were well lit and easy to traverse, being constructed from concrete.I also like the availability of small bottles of NZ. wine at most restaurants for lunch or dinner.We absolutely loved our 6 night stay and would consider Little Poly to be one of the most superb resorts on Rarotonga.This was our third trip (but not our last). Thank you again to Sam Vicki Seth Marylyn and all staff.We wish we were still there!!!

Room Tip: Definitely beach bungalows, number 10 at the end is very private.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
lpoly, Assistant Manager at Little Polynesian Resort, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Kia orana Thank you so much for writing such a beautiful review about our resort. I will ensure I pass on the lovely comments to the staff members concerned. We feel as well that we have a beautiful resort and it is nice that you have not only recognised this but are willing to tell others. Kind regards

Vicki Wells
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

After spending just a week at Little Polynesian, I didn’t want to leave. This place simply ticked all our boxes. The over the beach bure we stayed in was truly sensational. It’s luxurious and cozy at the same time and its right at a lagoon with calm waters. My favourite spot would have to be our own daybed at the deck – with closeup views of the lagoon at Titikaveka beach. They also have these wooden DENON sunloungers at the beach that I wanted to take back home and a spa/Jacuzzi at your own backyard.

With this boutique resort only catering for a small no of guests, you will get that feeling of seclusion. You will wake up to a beach which you’d feel as if it’s your very own.
You will initially sense this walking in to the reception – that feeling of serenity as you hear the tumbling waves of the ocean as they hit the reef and the sound of Polynesian music playing in the background. The welcoming area leads to the restaurant which leads to the infinity pool and here you get postcard views of the ocean peeking through tall bending palm trees. The view is especially spectacular at sunset so I highly encourage staying at the resto for Happy Hour drinks (4-6 PM).

I am a lover of food and studying to be a chef at the moment so have high expectations from the Little Polynesian restaurant. The dishes that we had certainly didn’t disappoint! Atmosphere is perfect, portions were good, flavours were right on the money and there’s plenty enough choices plus a dinner special option that changes every night. I have to admit we were kinda stuck on the Seafood Pasta. It was so good that we had it 3 times during our stay and just alternating the other mains.. I recommend for people not even staying in the hotel to take a stop at this restaurant.

I also liked the fact that the resort offers scooters to rent (partnering with Polynesian Bike Hires) this makes it convenient for guests to organize their transport.

Lastly, I want to send all praises to the people who looked after us for a week and made our stay very comfortable and memorable. Sam Napa who is the GM made sure we’re happy and safe at all times. We met him on our 2nd day and it felt like we’ve known him for years. Much gratitude as well to Marilyn, Suzette, Vicki, Michael, Richard, Niki, Oviana, and the entire team at Little Poly who made the place feel like home. You guys rock! Maitaki Maata!

So Id end this review with the highest ratings I can possibly give and I am very happy I didn’t stay with anyone else. It is PURE and UNPRETENTIOUS LUXURY – resonating what Cook Islands is.

I would certainly come back (soon if only I could!). All the best!

Room Tip: Go Bure it Over the Beach!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
"Pure and Unpretentious Luxury" you could be writing our advertising. It was really really lovely meeting you both and I have to thank you for taking so much of your precious time to write a beautiful and comprehensive review. I will pass on your comments to the staff. As I have said previously the staff work hard and it is always a pleasure to hear it has not only been noticed but also appreciated. Michael our Accounts person loved that he was also mentioned. So thank you for being so thorough in your appreciation. We hope to be able to welcome you back to our little corner of paradise.

Kind regards Vicki Wells

Been to Little Polynesian Resort? Share your experiences!