“A Visual Delight!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   PO Box 366, Titikaveka, Cook Islands   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Titikaveka
“A Visual Delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 6 nights in January 2013.We arrived early on an airport transfer and were greeted with exceptional positivity and helpfulness! Our beach bungalow was delightful and the decor was contemporary and beautiful.The outdoor deck had fabulous views out to the beach (only a few steps away) and with both sun lounges and a comfy daybed would be hard to surpass. The outdoor bathroom was a welcome addition to accomodation and showering outdoors is a definite plus.We love the cafe/restaurant area at this resort.The outlook is superb, even at night ( when the pool lights add to the ambience).All staff are efficient and keen to make your stay great.My husband booked a massage on the outdoor deck and this was also wonderful.The beach on this part of the island is somewhat prettier than on the other side.We took our own coral shoes and found them useful. I loved hearing the sound of waves breaking on the reef. We enjoyed walking further along the beach in both directions after breakfast. The stand up paddleboards at this resort are particularly stable and perfect for beginners like me.We hired a car and found this a very convenient way of moving around the island at any time.Another restaurant on the island that we recommend you try is The Waterline Restaurant which has colourful sunsets on the western side of the island.The pathways from the bungalows to the resort restaurant at Little Poly were well lit and easy to traverse, being constructed from concrete.I also like the availability of small bottles of NZ. wine at most restaurants for lunch or dinner.We absolutely loved our 6 night stay and would consider Little Poly to be one of the most superb resorts on Rarotonga.This was our third trip (but not our last). Thank you again to Sam Vicki Seth Marylyn and all staff.We wish we were still there!!!

Room Tip: Definitely beach bungalows, number 10 at the end is very private.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
lpoly, Assistant Manager at Little Polynesian Resort, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Kia orana Thank you so much for writing such a beautiful review about our resort. I will ensure I pass on the lovely comments to the staff members concerned. We feel as well that we have a beautiful resort and it is nice that you have not only recognised this but are willing to tell others. Kind regards

Vicki Wells

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

After spending just a week at Little Polynesian, I didn’t want to leave. This place simply ticked all our boxes. The over the beach bure we stayed in was truly sensational. It’s luxurious and cozy at the same time and its right at a lagoon with calm waters. My favourite spot would have to be our own daybed at the deck – with closeup views of the lagoon at Titikaveka beach. They also have these wooden DENON sunloungers at the beach that I wanted to take back home and a spa/Jacuzzi at your own backyard.

With this boutique resort only catering for a small no of guests, you will get that feeling of seclusion. You will wake up to a beach which you’d feel as if it’s your very own.
You will initially sense this walking in to the reception – that feeling of serenity as you hear the tumbling waves of the ocean as they hit the reef and the sound of Polynesian music playing in the background. The welcoming area leads to the restaurant which leads to the infinity pool and here you get postcard views of the ocean peeking through tall bending palm trees. The view is especially spectacular at sunset so I highly encourage staying at the resto for Happy Hour drinks (4-6 PM).

I am a lover of food and studying to be a chef at the moment so have high expectations from the Little Polynesian restaurant. The dishes that we had certainly didn’t disappoint! Atmosphere is perfect, portions were good, flavours were right on the money and there’s plenty enough choices plus a dinner special option that changes every night. I have to admit we were kinda stuck on the Seafood Pasta. It was so good that we had it 3 times during our stay and just alternating the other mains.. I recommend for people not even staying in the hotel to take a stop at this restaurant.

I also liked the fact that the resort offers scooters to rent (partnering with Polynesian Bike Hires) this makes it convenient for guests to organize their transport.

Lastly, I want to send all praises to the people who looked after us for a week and made our stay very comfortable and memorable. Sam Napa who is the GM made sure we’re happy and safe at all times. We met him on our 2nd day and it felt like we’ve known him for years. Much gratitude as well to Marilyn, Suzette, Vicki, Michael, Richard, Niki, Oviana, and the entire team at Little Poly who made the place feel like home. You guys rock! Maitaki Maata!

So Id end this review with the highest ratings I can possibly give and I am very happy I didn’t stay with anyone else. It is PURE and UNPRETENTIOUS LUXURY – resonating what Cook Islands is.

I would certainly come back (soon if only I could!). All the best!

Room Tip: Go Bure it Over the Beach!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
"Pure and Unpretentious Luxury" you could be writing our advertising. It was really really lovely meeting you both and I have to thank you for taking so much of your precious time to write a beautiful and comprehensive review. I will pass on your comments to the staff. As I have said previously the staff work hard and it is always a pleasure to hear it has not only been noticed but also appreciated. Michael our Accounts person loved that he was also mentioned. So thank you for being so thorough in your appreciation. We hope to be able to welcome you back to our little corner of paradise.

Kind regards Vicki Wells
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My partner and I stayed in an over the beach bungalow priced at $950 AUS / night. While the rooms themselves have a gorgeous view the service is terrible, food average, cleanliness not fantastic either. The staff on reception are rude, and house keeping lacked, we had to ring and ask them to bring toilet paper over to our room. This "resort" is not worth the money you'll pay - they even charge you extra for wifi

• Stayed January 2013
lpoly, Assistant Manager at Little Polynesian Resort, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Ouch!! I am so sorry we were not able to meet your needs. You are correct having to ask for toilet paper is not acceptable and I have spoken to housekeeping about this. If we were aware of your other concerns I can guarantee we would have tried to address them before you left so that your holiday was not spoiled by things we could possibly have attended too. Thank you for posting on TripAdvisor as any comments we can learn from are helpful.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We recently stayed at the Little Polynesian for our honeymoon. As soon as we arrived we were greeted so warmly by hotel manager Sam, that we instantly felt at home. The resort is absolutely beautiful, without a doubt the best on the island. We stayed in one of the beachfront villas. The beach was literally a couple of steps away from the front door, with our own little deck lounge seperating the two. I cannot tell you the amount of times we fell asleep on the deck to the sound of the ocean. The food was amazing, I strongly recommend the Seafood Pasta, absolutely mouth watering, and the smells coming from the kitchen at lunch and dinner was amazing. We always looked forward to the tropical breakfast, as it was always fresh and plenty of it.
The staff were so welcoming at the resort, making us feel so comfortable. We cannot give enough credit to Sam, anything we wanted - he went out of his way to get for us. Absolute paradise. We have already decided we're going back for our one year anniversary.

Kia orana

I am sorry I did not get to meet you guys but I am so glad Sam was there for you. He is a great Resort Manager and a real people person. I will pass on your lovely comments to all concerned. Thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review.

Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband and I booked a garden villa at this beautiful hotel. Upon arrival, they upgraded us to a beachfront villa, I assume because they weren't that busy. It was perfection. The food and service at the hotel surpassed our experiences at the other places we stayed in Rarotonga and Aitutaki. I think there are better snorkeling spots down at Muri Beach and in the waters right in front of The Sanctuary Hotel further to the west, but I would much rather stay here. Great hotel. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We went off peak and this got us upgraded to the exceptional beach front villa.
Kia orana

"Perfection" thank you so much for that. That is high praise indeed and we hope to continue to live up to it. Thank you for taking up some of your valuable time to post such a lovely review of our resort. I have to tell you though that one of the dive companies (The Dive Centre) says we have the best diving area on the island. Just saying LOL.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The Little Polynesian is a boutique resort on the southern side of Rarotonga. It consists mostly of beachside bungalows and a couple of smaller garden bungalows. Whilst some of the other resorts situated at nearby Muri have better access to the lagoon and small islands, the Little Polynesian's beach location is pretty and convenient for swimming and other watersports. The Little Polynesian is also a more pleasant, less touristy environment and the bungalows are a very light, clean and modern design with plenty of room. The only potential improvement could be to provide a small clothes horse to hang wet swimware and towels, but otherewise they are very comfortable.
The staff are very friendly and helpful. As an example, the GM Sam drives guests to nearby restaurants when getting buses or taxis proved problematic.
Whilst the restaurant's menu isn't extensive, the food is good value and of high quality.
The island's bus company passes the Little Polynesian on the hour and 20 past the hour (one going clockwise the other, anticlockwise) so transport around Rarotonga is relatively easy. However, if you want more flexibility (particularly when travelling on the weekend when the buses are less frequent) you may be advised to rent a car or bike.

Room Tip: Whilst it is never overly noisy or raucous, you may want to avoid the 2 bungalows adjacent to the po...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kia orana

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our beautiful resort. You are right, because we take up quite a long stretch of beach you can feel like you have the beach to yourself. This will never happen on Muri.
We hope to one day see you again in our little corner of paradise.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We had such a great experience at the Little Poly resort. We stayed over Christmas 2012 and had a wonderful time. The staff were friendly and very helpful (especially Ovaia) and the resort was gorgeous. Our room had amazing amenities like an outdoor spa and shower. The food was really delish and fairly reasonably priced. I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone that asked. It was quiet, relaxing and tranquil, exactly what we were looking for.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kia orana

Thank you for posting such a lovely review about our resort and staff. I will pass your comments on to them. We do have a beautiful little corner of paradise and I am so glad you had an enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your compliments to the staff.

Ka kite ano (see you again)

Vicki Wells

Been to Little Polynesian Resort? Share your experiences!