I would definitely stay here again, but scour the net to try and get a discounted deal. The hotel is roughly halfway around the island, so not remote but not stuck in the main tourist zone either.
I loved this villa/bungalow as soon as I saw it - all light-coloured wood (a nice change from the dark interior favoured by many resorts here), with plentiful vented windows (all with flyscreens) to enable you to get the best of the sea breezes (so I hardly needed to use the aircon).
The villa was in a great beachfront location and unlike some resorts, had a great beach with lovely snorkelling (lots of bright coloured fish) straight out your door because it is in a marine protection zone. All equipment is supplied, but it would be good to provide more towels.
The villas also come with a big outdoor bath (behind a wall), which was nice, although there were a few mozzies around. There is a big range of sun loungers provided, both on the villa deck area (very comfortable) and on the beach in front.
You are paying for luxury, location and the lovely villas, but even at that, it is quite expensive for the Cook Islands.
The food is good, but variety limited (as other reviewers have mentioned), so catch the local bus (or hire a scooter, as so many do) and head to some of the other nice cafes nearby.
A nice feature here is that they will call in a mobile masseuse for you - one is a staff member who also runs her own massage business, and was great - the price is much cheaper than at resorts with official spa services and you can get it done in your villa, or on the beach if you prefer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Humble As Our NameOur facilities have all been completed upgraded to provide you with everything you need to experience the finest Polynesian experience that you can imagine. Here at the Little Polynesian we take great pride in our name, to us it signifies everything we have aimed to share... a humble, intimate, luxurious and yet remarkably friendly environment to warm your heart and recharge your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Little Polynesian Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Polynesian Hotel Titikaveka
- Little Polynesian Titikaveka
- Little Polynesian Resort Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka