We booked 4 nights in Beach Are #7 (bungalow). We had some great positives, and some surprising negatives during our stay. The positives are the fantastic bungalow itself, with a beautiful interior, amazing views straight out to the water, and the private outdoor spa at the back. The gazebo and day bed on the deck is a perfect spot to relax. You're right over the sand, under the palms, and looking out to the beach right beside you, just gorgeous. While there are open slats (with insect screens, and closable) around the bungalows, we didn't hear too much at all from the bungalows either side of us. Breakfast was very good each day, and we enjoyed two lunches and two dinners at the restaurant. We found the food to be especially good quality (we heard about the great Filipino chefs they now have), and really enjoyed our meals. The service from Nicole and Marylyn was great. The negatives for us started before we arrived at the Little Poly. We had dropped by the previous day (while staying elsewhere) to book a transfer from our first resort, to the Little Poly. Unfortunately, the following day, it never turned up. We called after 30 minutes. Oops, we were on the books but they'd forgotten to book our transfer (the Little Poly doesn't have its own van, so uses another service). After another 30 minutes and a second phone call, a cab turned up. The Assistant Manager, Vicki, was very apologetic and offered us a free lunch in recompense. On the second day, we arrived back from an outing at about 1:30pm to find the room wasn't made up. We asked at reception about when this would usually happen, hint hint. By 3:30pm still no room service at all. Another phonecall and someone turned up. Whoops, they'd forgotten to service our bungalow that day – there's only 10 of them! Day 3 there was no English Breakfast tea to be had, they had run out. A basic staple for the tourists, you'd think. Day 4, we ordered a room service dinner. Later, there was noise outside, then our phone rang, "you're not there?". Ahh, yes we are, you tried to deliver our room service dinner to the bungalow next door! Finally the food arrived, and I was surprised to see the lovely meals were transferred (all around the resort, in our case) completely uncovered. The Little Poly has lovely bungalows, good food, and a beautiful setting, but it seems quite disorganised. Yes, Rarotonga is laid back, and that's relaxing, but when you're paying a fairly good amount, you do expect a certain level of service. Interestingly, when several locals asked where we were staying, our response caused raised their eyebrows and a sympathetic look. The Little Poly doesn't have such a good reputation locally, it seems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Humble As Our NameOur facilities have all been completed upgraded to provide you with everything you need to experience the finest Polynesian experience that you can imagine. Here at the Little Polynesian we take great pride in our name, to us it signifies everything we have aimed to share... a humble, intimate, luxurious and yet remarkably friendly environment to warm your heart and recharge your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Little Polynesian Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Polynesian Hotel Titikaveka
- Little Polynesian Titikaveka
- Little Polynesian Resort Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka