Just a quick review. Having been to Rarotonga 4 times I have stayed twice at Moana Sands. The location is fantastic and for beachfront price you can't beat it. Moana score 10/10 for location and value for money. The accomodation can also be upgraded by booking the the third foor which has better furniture/space facilities etc. The second and first floor are fine though and get a 3 star rating. When I go on holiday I like to look out over beach and ocean and you are guaranteed of that whatever room you book. I found the staff especially the mangeress very helpful and friendly. The entrance foyer could do with a makeover but not a big concern for me. The Paw Paw patch is a good restaurant especially enjoyed the $30 buffet barbecue night on a Sunday the day we arrived.
Other great places to eat were , Tamarind House 5/5 and CrownBeach Resort 5/5
For cheap but great value for money also Club Raro has a a lot to offer. I was impressed since I had read a lot of bad reviews. If you have a bigger budget and want higher standards you could also look at Crown Beach Resort and The Little Poynesian.
Rarotonga the best of the all the tropical islands I have visited, make sure hire a scooter or car and visit the resorts for a drink or meal:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel is located at Titikaveka on the southern coast of the island. There are six ground floor beachfront studios, six first floor beachfront studios & five top floor deluxe beachfront studios. We have four sets of interconnecting rooms (two on ground floor & two on first floor). All rooms are ABSULOTE beachfront, each with its own private balcony. Snorkelling equipment, Kayaks & beach towels are complimentary to guests. All rooms have a small kitchenette, LCD TV’s with SKY, air-conditioning & are all non-smoking. We have a hotel BBQ on the beach that is available for guests to use otherwise The Pawpaw Patch Restaurant is open daily for Breakfast & Dinner, seven days a week.Moana Sands Beachfront Villas are located at Vaimaanga, a five mins drive away from Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel. There are six villas; three on the ground floor & three upstairs. Each villa has two bedrooms and two bathrooms. All villas are ABSOLUTE beachfront, each with its own patio or balcony, Modern kitchen, Spacious open-plan lounge/dining, TV/DVD/Music System/ipod dock/Sky TV/Wifi internet. Guests have access to complimentary snorkelling gear, kayaks & beach towels. Units are fully serviced six days per week & guests are provided with a Complimentary breakfast starter pack on arrival. A BBQ on the beach is available for guests to use. All villas are air-conditioned and non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel And Villas
- Moana Sands Beachfront Titikaveka
- Hotel Moana Sands Beachfront
- Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel & Villas Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka