When we arrived at the hotel there was only one other couple staying and we feared the worst, but eventually a few other people arrived and we had a very pleasant stay. Our room was on the ground floor and the patio doors opened onto a wooden deck and then straight onto the white sand, palm fringed beach with fairly comfortable loungers and beach towels. 5 meters into the sea and you are surrounded by all kinds of colourful fish - there is no need even for the snorkels provided.
The rooms are basic but very comfortable with a large bed, TV, fridge, kettle, microwave and toaster. Breakfast is delivered on a tray the evening before and you can store the cereal, bread, juice and fruit in the fridge overnight and have it on the deck whenever you are ready.
The restaurant, which is 10m from the room, has separate ownership from the hotel, and provides excellent freshly cooked dinners while you watch the stunning sunsets. We also ate at the Little Polynesia Hotel next door, which had comparable food but the sunset view was not nearly as good.
WiFi is available but is not free and seems to work only in reception, where we got bitten to bits by sand flies. Curiously, this did not happen elsewhere in the hotel. The staff are all very helpful and we were able to keep our room for an extra night when our flight out was delayed overnight.
- Also Known As:
- Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel And Villas
- Moana Sands Beachfront Titikaveka
- Hotel Moana Sands Beachfront
- Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel & Villas Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel is located at Titikaveka on the southern coast of the island. There are six ground floor beachfront studios, six first floor beachfront studios & five top floor deluxe beachfront studios. We have four sets of interconnecting rooms (two on ground floor & two on first floor). All rooms are ABSULOTE beachfront, each with its own private balcony. Snorkelling equipment, Kayaks & beach towels are complimentary to guests. All rooms have a small kitchenette, LCD TV’s with SKY, air-conditioning & are all non-smoking. We have a hotel BBQ on the beach that is available for guests to use otherwise The Pawpaw Patch Restaurant is open daily for Breakfast & Dinner, seven days a week.Moana Sands Beachfront Villas are located at Vaimaanga, a five mins drive away from Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel. There are six villas; three on the ground floor & three upstairs. Each villa has two bedrooms and two bathrooms. All villas are ABSOLUTE beachfront, each with its own patio or balcony, Modern kitchen, Spacious open-plan lounge/dining, TV/DVD/Music System/ipod dock/Sky TV/Wifi internet. Guests have access to complimentary snorkelling gear, kayaks & beach towels. Units are fully serviced six days per week & guests are provided with a Complimentary breakfast starter pack on arrival. A BBQ on the beach is available for guests to use. All villas are air-conditioned and non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.