My husband and I stayed here in January 2013, it being our second trip to Raro. The beach and location of Moana Sands is amazing, it's like your own private beach. We had a ground room, perfect to just step out on to the sand. The room was tidy and cleaned really well, the only thing we didn't like we're the bathrooms they were quite old, didn't like the shower or tiles at all. We thought that even though this hotel was in need of some work to freshen it up, the amazing beach and private location made it awesome for us. We found snorkelling here much better than down at Muri Beach, the fish were amazing and all around you as soon as you step into the water. Staff were friendly and helpful, James in reception was awesome. There is a restaurant attached, it was ok but have been to many better ones on the island. The breakfast was very average, but I guess you'd expect that for a contential breakfast included in the price of accommodation. Two things we found were that people that were not guests at Moana Sands were there quite a bit visiting friends who were staying there as they were getting married. We were bombarded with noisy kids and all their family who used all the gear and pretty much took over on several occasions this wasn't peaceful. So it should be for guests only. Also, on a few of the days we were woken early, at around 7am or earlier to the cleaners sweeping outside the doors, this was very annoying. (This is why I'm saying average rating for sleep quality, and there was also a loud fridge humming sometimes in the room and those noisy friends of the guests especially the kids woke us early). Over all we had an awesome time in Raro and loved this part of the beach. When those other people were not there it was bliss sitting outside on the patio reading and looking out to the lagoon. The location alone would make us stay there again.
- Also Known As:
- Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel And Villas
- Moana Sands Beachfront Titikaveka
- Hotel Moana Sands Beachfront
- Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel & Villas Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel is located at Titikaveka on the southern coast of the island. There are six ground floor beachfront studios, six first floor beachfront studios & five top floor deluxe beachfront studios. We have four sets of interconnecting rooms (two on ground floor & two on first floor). All rooms are ABSULOTE beachfront, each with its own private balcony. Snorkelling equipment, Kayaks & beach towels are complimentary to guests. All rooms have a small kitchenette, LCD TV’s with SKY, air-conditioning & are all non-smoking. We have a hotel BBQ on the beach that is available for guests to use otherwise The Pawpaw Patch Restaurant is open daily for Breakfast & Dinner, seven days a week.Moana Sands Beachfront Villas are located at Vaimaanga, a five mins drive away from Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel. There are six villas; three on the ground floor & three upstairs. Each villa has two bedrooms and two bathrooms. All villas are ABSOLUTE beachfront, each with its own patio or balcony, Modern kitchen, Spacious open-plan lounge/dining, TV/DVD/Music System/ipod dock/Sky TV/Wifi internet. Guests have access to complimentary snorkelling gear, kayaks & beach towels. Units are fully serviced six days per week & guests are provided with a Complimentary breakfast starter pack on arrival. A BBQ on the beach is available for guests to use. All villas are air-conditioned and non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Otel so you can book your Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.