Honeymooners who stayed at Royale Takitumu from the 24th to the 27th of March 2014. Would have stayed longer. We found that the lagoon here was better than the lagoon near our Aitutaki accommodation.
We travelled around the area of Rarotonga and found that the lagoon outside of the Royale Takitumu was one of the best as the beach was sand rather than crushed up coral and rocks, and you had the option to have enough area to swim or to snorkle (some other areas had either no snorkelling, or too much reef to swim safely). Mii was amazing as she was educative and helpful with our stay. She had upgraded us from the garden villa to the lagoon view villa, we also had an upgrade with airport transfers. I would recommend the lagoon view villas - you may not be on the beach front, but you definately feel it as your patio area over looks the lagoon. I appreciated the finer details that made staying here enjoyable and comfortable. These finer details proved that the place was well maintained. Eg. Daily cleaning, beach side hammocks were clean, sun beds had clean cushions & didn't look worn, kayaks weren't sun damaged. Peace & quiet in the area. Minimal people. Large Open Villas with included spa if you get the lagoon view. Walk out into one of the best areas of the lagoon. Enjoyed the complimentary wine by the beach.
If you are looking for a more commercial accommodation with a Spa, Gym and restaurant, then this may not be the place for you.
Best parts: Cleanliness, great bed, well maintained, lagoon area for swimming and snorkling. PRIVACY as you have your own villa which is broken up between beautiful ponds and gardens. Hammocks tied between two palm trees over looking the lagoon. The lagoon was still full at low tide to swim. Did not draw to far out like some other areas.
Note: Some amenities weren't available - No restaurant or bar, but Mii organised transfers to any restaurants that we wanted to go to which did not cost us any thing additional. We hired a scooter for our own transport during the day. While there was no option for b.fast, the fridge was stocked with some fruit, bread, milk, juice & jam which lasted the 3nights.
Thanks Mii you were a charm. xox.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royale Takitumu provides our guests with a truly relaxing, intimate, beachfront holiday with a distinctively authentic, Polynesian Cook Islands experience. Ten individual, private bungalows boast breathtaking views of Rarotonga's finest white sand beach. Royal Takitumu is a small, secluded private resort, located close to nearby sites, shops and restaurants, with services you expect from a large resort. Royale Takitumu embodies the wonderful and unique aspects of this island paradise. Royal Takitumu - Genuine. Natural. Cook Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Royale Takitumu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royale Takitumu Hotel Titikaveka
- Royale Takitumu Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka