We were fortunate to spend 7 nights on honeymoon at The Royale Takitumu.
Firstly a note to readers looking for
1. A holiday resort with bar and restaurant on site, or
2. A family resort travelling with kids
This is not the fit you’re looking for. Move on. Anybody else- look no further.
Royale Takitumu reflects a lifelong dream built by the host from the sand up and perfected over 13 years. And it shows.
It’s no coincidence that most of the guests were on their 3rd 4th and beyond return stays here.
In summary it’s a class act.
• Stunning views (unspoiled sea,beach and lush tropical gardens) - the ultimate in relaxation.
• Each unit meticulously planned. Spotlessly clean. Great airconditioning, a well equipped kitchen for self catering and touches of luxury such as king size bed and a spa bath.
• The villas and gardens immaculately serviced each day by barely visible professional staff. Invisible yet there at the drop of a hat should anything be needed.
• We could not have hoped for better. Any step to make our holiday easier was the pleasure of Bill, Amber and Mii to assist with.
• Delicious morning tea was provided when we arrived early for check in. Full use of our unit well past our check out time (awaiting our flight home) at no extra charge.
A quality of service that’s rare to find and which leaves a long lasting impression.
• Without doubt the best stretch of beach on the island (we’ve had several visits and much exploring around Rarotonga ).Pristine white sands, water quality and marine life. A fantastic swimming and snorkelling beach.
• All with an amazing sense of seclusion- you’re hard pressed to spot the other guests.
• Free use of excellent quality snorkel gear and kayaks
• Use of the BBQ
• Pristine clean swimming pool
Our thanks to Royale Takitumu for an experience that will be hard to top. Or to forget.
Some tips we found useful for self catering
Fish: We highly recommend The Marlin Queen Fishing Charter company for game fishing. A great way to start the holiday and fill the fridge with the freshest tuna steaks.
Meat: We had no problems with bringing meat over from NZ (as long as vacuum packed for customs). On the island Prime Meats off the main road in Avarua has by far and away the best quality meat for sale.
Two are within easy walking distance (10minutes) from Royale Takitumu – The restaurants at Moana sands resort and at the Little Polynesian
Vaima Polynesian bar and restaurant was consistently good and offer free pick up and drop off at your resort .
Snorkelling on the beach
The further out, the better the coral and fish get.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royale Takitumu provides our guests with a truly relaxing, intimate, beachfront holiday with a distinctively authentic, Polynesian Cook Islands experience. Ten individual, private bungalows boast breathtaking views of Rarotonga's finest white sand beach. Royal Takitumu is a small, secluded private resort, located close to nearby sites, shops and restaurants, with services you expect from a large resort. Royale Takitumu embodies the wonderful and unique aspects of this island paradise. Royal Takitumu - Genuine. Natural. Cook Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Royale Takitumu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royale Takitumu Hotel Titikaveka
- Royale Takitumu Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka