“OK, pork belly devine....” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 3 restaurants in Titikaveka
Cuisines: Polynesian, Vegetarian, International
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Description: We are situated right on the beach. Imagine sitting on the beach with the sun setting, sipping your favourite cocktail and enjoying some of the best cuisine on the island - how romantic! We also offer a pizza take away service - forget the cooking - enjoy our pizza in your room/hotel or just sit on the beach with your feet in the water enjoying the food. We can cater for small privet functions and weddings. Look forward to seeing you at the Vaima.
Brisbane, Australia
“OK, pork belly devine....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Good food and a great location on the beach if you book well in advance. Service for drinks could improve slightly, glasses for special occasssion dinner sat empty for a long while. The staff didn't make any special effort for very special occassion but the food is constantly good, cocktails nice as well. Eaten there 4 times in 1 year and always delicious food. Handy hint - book in advance and arrange transfers to and from your accommodation. 3 courses 6 cocktails A$180

89% Recommend
Perth, Australia
“Best of the week”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

A great way to end our week in Raro and by far the best restaurant we found there. We had been a bit disappointed with the food at all of the other restaurants we had tried during the week but luckily we when to Vaima for our last night. A beautiful spot with a table right on the beach and the perfect place to see the sunset. Our meals were good and the staff were very friendly and helpful, especially important for us since we had a baby with us. Thanks Vaima, we just wish we found you earlier in the week.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Don't judge by the street view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

If you make the mistake of judging Vaima by how it looks from the street you really are doing yourself a HUGE disservice.The whole place opens up to a lovely beach setting. The tables were huge.
We were more than happy with both the quality and quantity of the food. We had a local fish dish called Mahi Mahi which was superb.
Our only criticism was that there seemed to only be one high chair for the whole place. By chance our family and another both needed a high chair meaning our baby ended up eating sitting on our knees. The service was fantastic otherwise.
The view at sunset is just stunning

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Ashburton, Canterbury, New Zealand
“Bad management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

where to start! We arrived with a party of 30, booked in advance. We were all really looking forward to the evening, it started with the staff taking us to the restaurant, in four loads at $5 each return, which we were happy with. A total of $150. We were seated, kids at their own table, and then it went from there. When asking (more than once, to two different waitresses) we were advised they had a kids menu of $15 for either the pasta, pizza or fish and chips. This was fine. The kids orders came very fast, which was not helpful as we had such a large group that the kids had eaten and got bored before anyone else received their meal. My son is autistic and only eats certain foods, so I ordered the pizza. When it arrived it was large and I double checked with the staff that it was a kids meal which they confirmed. Anyway, when we all finally received our meals the food was fantastic. We had all discussed that we would have liked to book again for at least two more dinners in the coming week. When it came time to pay my bill, I noticed that the kids had been charged full pizza price. I queried it and was bascially told that this was tough and I was to pay it. It was not just myself who had also been charged extra for the pizzas for the kids, so I felt this was not right. I advised that I had checked and double checked with staff and the rude manager did not care. He just wanted his money. I was not impressed and expressed that he had lost our custom, to which a smarmy waitress said that one of our party was going to return, so bascially who cared what I thought. I paid the bill and expressed my disgust to the rest of the group which then all preceded to to leave. The bill in total would have been well over $1200 and they would hve made a lot more one out of us if they had been friendly and accepted the fact their staff had made mistakes and not used the excuse they were new. Another one of the ladies also ended up in an argument with the manager as before they would get the drivers to return us they had an unpaid figure of $59.00. We checked and ths was not so, but someone paid it so we could ge home. When we got back we gather receipts and everyone had paid what they owed so in fact they had ripped us off! Having checked my receipts, cash ones that were paid for drinks, I had been charged again another $5 for the bus trip! Therefore in total they ripped us off over $84 at least. Admittedly we did want to pay for seperate meals but this really should not be a problem. When I paid for mine, I marked it off and that is what should have been done. I do not condoe mine or my friends bevaviour, but the mangement was disgusting!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Our table was right next to the water and with a cloudless night we couldn't have asked for a better view of the sunset. The food was great - the pork belly in particular couldnt be faulted and the fish of the day was a nice light dish. A reasonably casual atmosphere but good service - the pick up and drop off back to your hotel is also really convenient.

• 5 of 5 stars Food