Arrived 2.45pm (table booked for 3pm.) The four of us shown into bar and given a menu we informed staff of booking. Shown to our table in restaurant 3.40pm. After a while people(5) arrive for table near by and their order taken. Eventually our order was taken by this time the people who had arrived after us had been served. By the time they had finnished their first course ours arrived all our oders where cold ie no cooking it took about half an hour. Again a long wait for main course, minus the mint source. The waiter said he would go and get some but then he had something more importent todo the people near us already served (friends of his) asked him to take their photo. No mint source we had to call a young women over. Nobody ever asked about drinks. Then waiter eventually took orders for pudding. After taking order read it back to us, everything correct. We never saw him again however one of the orders didn't arrive. We had to order crumble again (it was terrible could use to plaster wall). By the time it arrived the rest of us had finnished. When the bill arrived crumble on seperate bill but then drinks on bill never orderd, wine, magnum, and bear. From what was said it sound like these belonged to the people at our table before us. We paid the bill (over priced) did not stay any longer, left restaurant at at 5.37pm. This is not a cheap place to eat and it was a mothers day meal for myself (my daughter and son inlaws treat and we took my friend with us who daughter is in Newzealand. Was intending to stay. So it was very special or should I say was meant to be but it was truly awful.
- Also Known As:
- The Angel Hotel Corbridge
- The Angel Hotel
- The Angel Inn Corbridge, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Angel Inn is a beautiful traditional inn offering great local British food with warm and comfortable rooms. The Angel Inn has a bar offering local ales, a lounge with a real fire, a modern martini and wine bar and a restaurant. Corbridge is a pretty village, once a market town, that lies four miles east of Hexham on the banks of the River Tyne. Today it has a reputation for excellent shopping with various fashion boutiques lining the main shopping street. Our Bar, The ‘hub’ of what we do here at the Angel: a great Northumbrian breakfast, an extensive ‘all day’ menu offering great British food sourced from Northumbrian produce, great local ales, a superb wine list and exceptional service in friendly and safe surroundings. We do not offer food after 5pm on a Sunday, but we are more than happy to recommend a local restaurant. Our Lounge: A great place to relax with friends or a book. Comfortable leather seats, real fire, newspapers, great coffees, afternoon teas, glass of wine, choice of whisky or just a place to warm up after a long walk. Our Restaurant: Our restaurant is both elegant and spacious – sporting a characterful pitched roof with exposed oak beams. A superb venue for dining, which seats up to eighty guests comfortably for private parties, Christmas lunches and dinners or weddings. Our Martini Bar: The bar is the height of sophistication, bringing the legendary Newcastle lifestyle and glamour to your front door. With a contemporary and sleek design it is very easy to settle in and relax surrounded my velvet delights and sumptuous shades of purple.Our Martini bar tenders are highly trained and passionate about their creations and the ingredients they use. We have spirits you couldn’t even dream of ranging from Bubblegum infused Vodka to Honey Liqueur. Choose from out Martini Collections; Modern Classics, Fruit Martinis, Vintage Classics, Something Different, Dessert Martinis & Champagne Cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Venere, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your The Angel Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.