“Not terrible - but not particularly brilliant either” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Moreton
“Not terrible - but not particularly brilliant either”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

First of all the good points - the interior is very nicely done and the female owner who is front-of-house is absolutely delightful. The food, however, was nothing spectacular in my opinion, and certainly under-seasoned; and although the portions are generous I think the menu is a little pricey for what it is. I was also rather surprised that nobody came to check how our meal was after the food did arrive - and the house salad I ordered had obviously been forgotten, when it did arrive about 5-10 minutes after asking, no apology was forthcoming. That being said, it seems to have a loyal following - it certainly wasn't dreadful but I wouldn't make a point of going again next time I'm in the area.

Visited May 2013

“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

We visited this restaurant a couple of weeks ago (26th of April I think) I rang up to book a table, and I was Pre warned about a large wedding party that would be in also that evening. But we didn't mind at all. A couple of hours before our reservation i rang to change the time & increase the table size, and this wasn't a problem at all, The lady who took the call was more then willing to accommodate us at such short notice. We arrived slightly early & had Pre dinner drinks in the fabulous wine bar that joins onto the restaurant.. We then placed our order & food arrive shortly
after. The food was fantastic! The service was excellent also.. Especially bearing in mind they had another party of around 50-60 guest. This restaurant is fantastic & I highly recommend. It's got a lovely feel to it & I just LOVE the new adjoining wine bar. Well done Il piccolo!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Lovely location, food good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We were attending an evening in the room upstairs from restaurant. The event ended after 8pm, we went down to the restaurant, although they were closing at 9pm they were accommodating. My meatballs were freshly made pasta good as was my partners. Pleasant atmosphere. Downside they charged us for 2 glasses of wine although we only had one, when queried they weren't particularly apologetic but removed it from the bill.

Visited May 2013
Perth, United Kingdom
“Never Again!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Visited on a Thursday evening having booked previously for 7pm. We were shown to a table and a drinks order was taken and delivered shortly afterwards. After 25 mins we signalled to the waitress that our order for the meal had not yet been taken. After nearly 5mins. she came to the table to take the order and her manner was surly and downright rude.
The food had not arrived by 8pm when we then protested to an older lady (? Mine hostess?)who said she was sorry it was taking so long!!
Food arrived about 7-10mins later. Food average, certainly not worth the wait.
No further apology was forthcoming.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Northumberland National Park, United Kingdom
“Never disappoints”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Been to this restaurant 4 times in the last year.

The welcome is always warm and friendly staff.

The atmosphere is calm and authentic.

Tables well spaced (normally), and not set until customers arrive which is far better than some others restaurants who leave the tables set clearly unhygenic.

Food served at good intervals, a good menu and choice of drinks.

Not rushed to finish and leave.

Cheaper restaurants are available, but ..

Set in a back street of Corbridge.where parking is limited.so leave a bit time to park and walk.

No WIFI.