“Worth the drive?.............Oh yes :D” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Worth the drive?.............Oh yes :D”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Yes it is certainly a destination restaurant so for that reason alone I would book beforehand, I wouldn't like to think that I had made the effort to get there and not get a table. I usually just book through the website and always get a swift response.
On the occasions we have visited we have received a very warm welcome from David, he is always charming, helpful and full of local knowledge. I have read some of the 'not so good' reviews and they did make me chuckle and I am sure David did too. The place would not be the same without him front of house.
The food is excellent and thoughtfully presented. I am not a real fish eater but can find something to suit. Most of the ingredients are locally sourced and lovingly prepared.
Again this is a destination restaurant and it is unhurried which is relaxing so sit back and enjoy a Loch Fine 'Avalanche' some excellent food and fabulous service.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Perth, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Scallops fab and a good choice of courses on the menu even if you're not an avid fish fan. A lovely place to go if a bit remote - if not staying there you need a driver.

Visited September 2013
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“RETIREMENT TREAT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed one night in the Inn to celebrate my retirement; had dinner and breakfast. Food excellent, likewise service. Enthusiastic owner who displays passion for his food, and very helpful and knowledgeable re beers and wines. Takes time to talk to all diners/breakfasters - good PR man! Room was smallish ( I believe all are same) but comfortable, and did not detract in any way from the overall superb experience.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My husband, daughter and our dog Jack were camping at a site close to the Kilberry Inn for the weekend for our anniversary, in which the camp site had been chosen due to its close location to a restaurant. On the Friday night we walked the mile to the restaurant. On entering, there was a couple sitting at the bar, and a table of four in, all other tables were empty. We wanted to sit outside since we had Jack with us. When I entered the establishment with my daughter, I kindly asked the man behind the bar if it was possible to sit outside for a meal as we had a dog, to which I got the reply "we're full". No "I'm sorry we are full", just an abrupt "we're full". There was no alternative help put forward what so ever, and I also noticed that there was no reservation signs on any of the tables, especially the table outside. We felt that we were not welcome whatsoever, and I was not impressed with the barman at all. I know for a fact, that if I spoke to a customer as abruptly as he did, I would not have a job. I think some extra training is required in how to handle customers. But we will not be back to see any improvements, if made in this department. Very disappointed.

Visited August 2013
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Inn with great customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Have been planning to visit this Inn for years and it did not disappoint, we were very lucky andit was a beautiful day so sat outside, although inside was lovely!! We did not have a full lunch just mussells with chirizo and lovely break and ale! Delicious, oh and a pudding which my husband raved about!

Next time we will have a full meal, the owners are lovley, hence great and pasionate customer service!
We will be back