“Great hotel, lovely staff.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Cranford
Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, lovely staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We hd a one night stay here coupled with a theatre break in London. We travelled with Wayahead from Bournemouth and have to say how pleased we were with the hotel, our room and the food provided for us.
The first impression of the hotel is one of clean and modern design. Our room was on floor two and was off a good size, very clean and was furnished with a very large comfy double bed, two seater settee, small writing table with easy chair, flat screen tv, iron and ironing board. The bathroom was fitted with a large bath with side shower screen, toilet and basin. There was a large heated mirror behind the basin with the best lighting in a bathroom we have experianced, my wife was delighted as it made her task of make up application so much easier. Our break included breakfast and dinner. Both meals were buffet, the dinner comprised soup, salads for starters, beef casserole, pork and fried fish with a choice of vegetables, cheescake, fruit salad or profiteroles for sweet and coffee or tea to finish. Breakfast comprised fruit juices, yogurts, fruit salad, fruit compote, fried egg, scrambled egg, bacon, fried bread, black pudding and mushrooms again with tea or coffee.
This was our first stay at a Doubletree and have to say that we were very impressed, we feel that it was better than the couple of Hiltons that we have stayed at. For a choice to stay for a departure from Heathrow, we do not think you could much better. The hotel is a little away from the airport but is visited by the Hoppa bus and the ticket machine for this service is in the foyer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
DoubleTreeLHRAirport, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay with us whilst on a theatre break, and that the room was just what you needed. I will let our Head Chef know how pleased you were with the food quality throughout your stay; he will be very happy! It is fantastic to know that it was your first time staying in a DoubleTree and that you would definitely return. I look forward to welcoming you back. Suzie Riddell, Front of House Manager

747 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Lidkoping, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This is a very nice and tidy hotel, located very close to where you pick up your rental car at terminal 4. We found the staff very helpful and friendly, with absolutely no problems whatsoever. The rooms were really nice and clean, comfy bed and a decent size flatscreen tv with a good choice of channels to choose from. They also have a nice selection of tea and coffee to choose from in the room. Like others have said, the rooms are very quiet and there is no noise from planes landing or from people running in the hallways.
We had breakfast in the morning, which was outstanding! What a great selection of everything from cereal and yogurt, to a proper full English breakfast with fried bread, crumpets, mushrooms, bacon, eggs and so on. The friendly staff kept it nice and clean and offered to fill our glasses up with freshly squeezed OJ, as well as tea or coffee.
The only improvements I can think of - and the reason for not giving it a 5 star rating - is that you have to pay £11 for parking which is ridiculous, and also that I cannot get over the fact that Hilton keeps charging you too much for wifi. In my opinion wifi should be included in the price. In all fairness though, I should point out that there is free wifi in the lobby so it's not all bad.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
DoubleTreeLHRAirport, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I'm so pleased the staff were so helpful and friendly, and that the room was to a high standard of cleanliness. The triple glazed windows work so well and do indeed let you enjoy the planes on their way in to land, without having to hear them too! I'm delighted how outstanding you found the breakfast to be and will pass this on to my Head Chef. Thank you for your comments regarding car parking; although this fee is unlikely to be changed at all, we are definitely improving on our internet options, with our own Wifi being installed throughout the hotel at a very competitive rate. This will remain complimentary in the bar area. I hope we will see you back again soon. Suzie Riddell, Front of House Manager
vienna, austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Just stayed for two nights at the Doubltree London Heathrow. It was my first stay at this hotel and it proved to be an excellent choice, if you need to stay near Heathrow.

The hotel is located in Cranford; not right at the airport but close enough to qualify as being near the airport. Although it is not in the Heathrow free ride zone, it can easily be reached by London Bus, as the bus stop is right in front of the hotel. It takes 10 minutes and Routes 105 and 111 go there from the Heathrow’s Central Bus station at terminals 1 and 3. (Cash fare is GBP 2.40 or GBP 1.40 with an Oyster card).

Alternatively, one can take the Hotel Hoppa Bus (hotel shuttle) for GBP 4.50 per person, but the cheaper and more frequent London Bus service seems to be the better choice.
Hotel rooms are modern, attractive and - typically for London - on the smaller side but by no means tiny and give enough space. My room including the bathroom was very clean. Housekeeping was definitely doing a good job. The bed was very comfortable and although close to the airport the room was absolutely quiet. The bathroom was again on the smaller side, but nice, practical and in excellent condition. Shower was also excellent : water pressure good and water temperature constant. Nothing left to be desired. The price for the room was GBP 54.-/night (including tax) which I consider a good deal for this hotel. Check in was efficient and friendly.

The only thing you have to be aware of, the there is no WIFI in the rooms, but you can connect to the internet via cable, which worked fine for me. Connection was flawless and fast. However, unless you have at least Gold Status in the Hilton Honors program, there is a steep charge for this service (GBP 12.- /24 hours). I also believe there is WIFI service in the lobby.

Breakfast was also very goood with all the choices of an English breakfast up to black pudding.#

So, really well done, Doubletree !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback, which was a delight to read! It is fantastic to know the cleanliness of the rooms was to such a high standard, and that you found the bed so comfy! I will also pass on your praise to the staff for being so efficient and friendly. We are currently installing our own Wifi throughout the hotel which should be up and running by the end of the month, so if you have reason to stay with us again, I'm sure you will benefit from this improvement. I'm glad breakfast was great too, and would like to thank you for your kind comments. Suzie Riddell, Front of House Manager
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

A great hotel...after being based in Asia for a long time, I really value the fantastic breakfast offer. It is little far from the airport - however there is a good bus service to get you there.

Local areas seemed to have a OK selection of shops (including a Tesco supermarket for forgotten items).

I will definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I'm pleased the Breakfast choice was a welcome offer after your recent travelling. I'm also very glad to read you will be using us again, and therefore look forward to welcoming you back. Suzie Riddell, Front of House Manager
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have just been to London on a New Year Theatre and Dinner Dance trip, staying here for two nights bed, breakfast and evening meal (the second meal being the dinner dance on New Year's Eve). We were two couples and had a most enjoyable time. We found the hotel delightful. It was modern, fresh and attractive.The layout was open plan. We ate in the dining area which also had the dance floor. The food was excellent, both at breakfast and in the evening. The hotel looked pretty, trimmed for Christmas. There were D.J.'s both evenings. Both were brilliant. We were really pleased with our bedrooms. The staff were delightful and nothing was too much trouble for them. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Thank you to the staff for a delightful stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your New Years Eve celebrations at the hotel, from your dining experience both nights, to the bedrooms and the staff. Thank you for recommending us and I hope we can see you again next year! Suzie Riddell, Front of House Manager
Newark UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We had two rooms before a flight from Heathrow. One was a family room which was the best family room I have ever stayed in.It was very spacious and comfortable.This hotel offers good value and extremely comfortable rooms.Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. It is lovely to read that the family room was the best you had ever stayed in! Thank you for recommending us so highly and I look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel. Suzie Riddell, Front of House Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Me my boyfriend stayed here on New Year's Eve/day. We arrived after 1:30am and was warmly greeted by the reception and I was very surprised that I got a complementary chocolate cookie that was WARM!! It was yummy!! Never had that welcome in a hotel before. First thought on look was wow its so swanky, modern.. A lot better than we expected!
We got the room at a really good price as it was 40% online and even without that it was ok price at £89 for the night before discounted but obviously the 40% is more eye catching! And would deaf go again!
Are room was lovely, bed and pillows was VERY comfy and the carpet was so soft and spongey. Had different types of tea, coffee, milk and bottled water. it had a kettle that was clean. a packet of two biscuit, could of done with another as two of us was staying and also another English tea and there was no hot chocolate but was ok. There was also a mini iron board and iron in the room which I haven't seen before which it handy!
The bath room was nice only down thing I could say it was abit dusty in the corners of the room like near the toilet on the tiles and also in the bedroom where the bedside chests and alarm clock was full of dust when I touched it and the light switch on the bed head rest part. Otherwise I loved the room and the staff was really nice and helpful :)
Thank you for cookie! Happy New Year!!!

• Stayed December 2012
DoubleTreeLHRAirport, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, which was lovely to read. I'm glad you enjoyed the complimentary signature cookie upon arrival, and that first impressions were above your expectations. I'm sorry to learn the room was dusty and will immediately be highlighting this to my Head Housekeeper. However I'm pleased that overall the room was just what you needed and it was comfy and well equipped. It is lovely to know the staff were helpful, and I hope we can welcome you back with another great offer this year! Suzie Riddell, Front of House Manager

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow? Share your experiences!