Just stayed for two nights at the Doubltree London Heathrow. It was my first stay at this hotel and it proved to be an excellent choice, if you need to stay near Heathrow.
The hotel is located in Cranford; not right at the airport but close enough to qualify as being near the airport. Although it is not in the Heathrow free ride zone, it can easily be reached by London Bus, as the bus stop is right in front of the hotel. It takes 10 minutes and Routes 105 and 111 go there from the Heathrow’s Central Bus station at terminals 1 and 3. (Cash fare is GBP 2.40 or GBP 1.40 with an Oyster card).
Alternatively, one can take the Hotel Hoppa Bus (hotel shuttle) for GBP 4.50 per person, but the cheaper and more frequent London Bus service seems to be the better choice.
Hotel rooms are modern, attractive and - typically for London - on the smaller side but by no means tiny and give enough space. My room including the bathroom was very clean. Housekeeping was definitely doing a good job. The bed was very comfortable and although close to the airport the room was absolutely quiet. The bathroom was again on the smaller side, but nice, practical and in excellent condition. Shower was also excellent : water pressure good and water temperature constant. Nothing left to be desired. The price for the room was GBP 54.-/night (including tax) which I consider a good deal for this hotel. Check in was efficient and friendly.
The only thing you have to be aware of, the there is no WIFI in the rooms, but you can connect to the internet via cable, which worked fine for me. Connection was flawless and fast. However, unless you have at least Gold Status in the Hilton Honors program, there is a steep charge for this service (GBP 12.- /24 hours). I also believe there is WIFI service in the lobby.
Breakfast was also very goood with all the choices of an English breakfast up to black pudding.#
So, really well done, Doubletree !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For a warm welcome, stylish contemporary comfort and a convenient location just ten minutes from London Heathrow Airport, check-in to the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London Heathrow Airport hotel. Enjoy a famous DoubleTree cookie on arrival at this Cranford hotel. Catch-up with friends or colleagues over a drink in the bar, or order a meal in The Brasserie where fresh produce is showcased in innovative dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada London Heathrow Hotel Cranford
- Ramada Hotel London Heathrow
- Ramada Hotel Cranford
- Hounslow Ramada
- Ramada Hounslow