“Good value for money” 5 of 5 stars

Save 25% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cranford
“Good value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Me my boyfriend stayed here on New Year's Eve/day. We arrived after 1:30am and was warmly greeted by the reception and I was very surprised that I got a complementary chocolate cookie that was WARM!! It was yummy!! Never had that welcome in a hotel before. First thought on look was wow its so swanky, modern.. A lot better than we expected!
We got the room at a really good price as it was 40% online and even without that it was ok price at £89 for the night before discounted but obviously the 40% is more eye catching! And would deaf go again!
Are room was lovely, bed and pillows was VERY comfy and the carpet was so soft and spongey. Had different types of tea, coffee, milk and bottled water. it had a kettle that was clean. a packet of two biscuit, could of done with another as two of us was staying and also another English tea and there was no hot chocolate but was ok. There was also a mini iron board and iron in the room which I haven't seen before which it handy!
The bath room was nice only down thing I could say it was abit dusty in the corners of the room like near the toilet on the tiles and also in the bedroom where the bedside chests and alarm clock was full of dust when I touched it and the light switch on the bed head rest part. Otherwise I loved the room and the staff was really nice and helpful :)
Thank you for cookie! Happy New Year!!!

• Stayed December 2012
DoubleTreeLHRAirport, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, which was lovely to read. I'm glad you enjoyed the complimentary signature cookie upon arrival, and that first impressions were above your expectations. I'm sorry to learn the room was dusty and will immediately be highlighting this to my Head Housekeeper. However I'm pleased that overall the room was just what you needed and it was comfy and well equipped. It is lovely to know the staff were helpful, and I hope we can welcome you back with another great offer this year! Suzie Riddell, Front of House Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Chelsea, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed at the Doubletree for one night, on December 27. We arrived after a long voyage from Plymouth (by train, coach, train) because of the flooding in south west England and were really ready just to sit back and relax for the evening. And we were able to do that easily. As others have said, when inside your room, you are not conscious of the proximity of Heathrow or the fact that planes are passing right over your head. The room was spacious and the bed extremely comfortable. Breakfast the next morning was spectacular - way more than we needed - and was included in our room rate. If I had to fault anything, it would be that the scrambled eggs were cool but everything else was hot and replenished often. We used the Hotel Hoppa and found the service to be first class and on time. Would we stay here again - absolutely!

Room Tip: Not sure if there is a bad one.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I'm really pleased that you could relax so easily when you arrived at the hotel and weren't disturb at all by the close proximity of the planes. It is also great to know you had a fantastic choice at breakfast. Thank you for letting us know about the scrambled egg - I will highlight this to the Head Chef to make sure we are consistent in topping up all items. I'm glad you would stay again and therefore look forward to welcoming you back. Suzie Riddell, Front of House Manager
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I am very consistent when reviewing airport hotels. Normally we are staying for one night for rest between onward travel. That should mean there is a restful night sleep and no hassle. I also ask that they take into account when a family is staying and have the room ready for a child to sleep there.
The Doubletree met all of those criteria and as such gets an excellent review.
The hotel is in easy reach of Heathrow either by Hoppa bus (H7 for T123, H56 T4/5) or taxi or even local bus routes. The price was excellent...really good for a London airport hotel and a main reason for us to stay again.
Service was incredible.....I have not received such positive welcoming and help at an airport hotel in a long time. The room was premade with a sofa bed for my son...as asked...and all we had to do was put my son to bed....easy...and no hassle. We left the hotel at 5am and again the reception staff were very cordial and made check out easy..even when I queried something on the bill.
One very minor gripe was when we arrived at the hotel with 3 suitcases there was no one out front to help us find a trolley and load up. Not an insurmountable problem but just a slight hindrance when trying to watch a bouncy 4 year old kid.

We will definitely use this hotel again in transit....compared to some of the other high priced hotels on the bath road it was excellent....and when only staying one night it is very difficult to complain when this property got all the basics right. Highly recommended by this traveller.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback, which was great to read. I'm very pleased we had the room set up just how you needed it, and that you received such incredible service during your stay. Although we do not have a concierge or porter, if you ever stay again and need help please just ask a member of staff and we will ensure there is someone on hand to assist immediately. I'm glad you will be using us again and would recommend to others. I look forward to welcoming you back. Suzie Riddell, Front of House Manager
England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I arrived late last night 26.12.2012, to find that the shuttle buses stop running at 22.57 and the tourist info fails to mention the local buses or shuttles from other terminals but sends you to the taxi rank-I paid 25 GBP for a 3 mile stretch on boxing day as a result. This hotel is out of the airport secure zone, so a bad start was about to get much worse.

They sounded the fire alarm at 6 am- we waited in the cold for about an hour, I just had my shorts, so literally freezing. The bathroom did not have visible fire detectors but apparently it was the steam from the shower rooms that had sounded the alarms !!! This was highly unusual and I have no idea why it took them so long to realise this.

The whole hotel, kids, families and couples all out on the streets in the cold, but the hotel was in no hurry to provide them some comfort and consolation.

When we were finally allowed into our rooms to try to get some sleep, I got woken up by housekeeping staff at 10.30 am despite the DO NOT DISTURB sign and the fact that check out was not before 12! I then got a phone call to remind me the check out time- unbelievable.

I booked the hotel to get some sleep because of the late night, but sleep was the last thing I was to get ! The inconsideration was incredible, the hotel completely disregarded our welfare and comfort.

Very unprofessional, unorganised and disturbing.The staff also misinformed me and misdirected me on local transport about which they clearly had no clue. They would treat you better in a youth hostel.. Not suitable for families, and busy travellers at all. Pay a little more, stay closer to the hotel to save on transport, have a safer location and better security/ comfort.
I would not stay here, if they paid me only if I had guessed their incompetence.

I will seek a full refund and compensation. I booked on Expedia and they will also be getting a complaint letter shortly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DoubleTreeLHRAirport, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for your review. Naturally I was sorry to read that you were disappointed with your stay and offer my sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused to you. In the unlikely event of the fire alarm sounding, we must take the correct legal action of evacuating the building to ensure the safety of guests and staff. As a result of your feedback following this incident, we are reviewing our procedures to make sure we deal with this situation as best as possible, and to cause as little inconvenience to our guests as we can whilst putting their safety first.

I am pleased we have been able to deal with your complaint directly and that we have resolved this to your satisfaction. I hope we may have the oppourtunity to show you this is certainly not the experience of every guest, and that our staff are professional and considerate of guests at all times. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and also contact the hotel directly, as it is through constructive comments such as yours that helps us to improve our service. Suzie Riddell, Front of House Manager
Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed here with my partner for a one night stop for a Xmas Party in Green ford.

Great for access and getting to and fro...
Great for food, rooms and any additional s you may need on you stay (ie: Towels, toilet stuff)
However, The breakfast was a fortune and so was parking. To top it off the staff in the restaurant were stroppy, un-helpful and above all very slow.

Great venue but average score from me.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am so sorry to read you found the attitude of the staff unhelpful during the breakfast service, and I will be passing this onto the Food & Beverage Manager to address. Please be assured this is certainly not our normal standard of service and I hope we may have the oppourtunity to welcome you back to show this. I'm glad however that you were pleased with the food, rooms and amentities. Suzie Riddell, Front of House Manager
Geelong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We stayed for one night after a long flight and evening arrival. The price was outstanding value for a London hotel so we weren't expecting too much but it was really good. One exceptional thing was the friendliness of the staff - they couldn't have been more welcoming, also unusual in London in my experience. We had two twin rooms for our family. Interconnecting rooms are available but we hadn't organized them for ourselves. Parking is no problem outside. Transfer from the airport was GBP14 in a black taxi and took about ten minutes. The driver hadn't heard of the hotel because it used to be the Ramada (so he said) but he used the satnav and it was no problem.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. It's fantastic to know you got an outstanding rate and that the hotel experience went above your expectations for the price. I'm really so pleased how friendly you found the staff and will thank all the team for their continued positive attitude. I really hope we can welcome you back again, and if you do need interconnecting rooms, don't hesitate to drop me an email at suzie.riddell@hilton.com. Suzie Riddell, Front of House Manager
Kearney, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We needed a place to stay overnight near Heathrow. Room was very nice with a comfortable bed. Free wifi in the lobby. Took Hoppa bus 56 to get to hotel from terminal 5. Save one euro if you purchase return to airport. Very convenient.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. I'm pleased to know that the hotel was so convenient for you and you could make use of the National Express Hotel Hoppa to get to Heathrow. I hope we can welcome you back again. Suzie Riddell, Front of House Manager

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow? Share your experiences!