I arrived late last night 26.12.2012, to find that the shuttle buses stop running at 22.57 and the tourist info fails to mention the local buses or shuttles from other terminals but sends you to the taxi rank-I paid 25 GBP for a 3 mile stretch on boxing day as a result. This hotel is out of the airport secure zone, so a bad start was about to get much worse.
They sounded the fire alarm at 6 am- we waited in the cold for about an hour, I just had my shorts, so literally freezing. The bathroom did not have visible fire detectors but apparently it was the steam from the shower rooms that had sounded the alarms !!! This was highly unusual and I have no idea why it took them so long to realise this.
The whole hotel, kids, families and couples all out on the streets in the cold, but the hotel was in no hurry to provide them some comfort and consolation.
When we were finally allowed into our rooms to try to get some sleep, I got woken up by housekeeping staff at 10.30 am despite the DO NOT DISTURB sign and the fact that check out was not before 12! I then got a phone call to remind me the check out time- unbelievable.
I booked the hotel to get some sleep because of the late night, but sleep was the last thing I was to get ! The inconsideration was incredible, the hotel completely disregarded our welfare and comfort.
Very unprofessional, unorganised and disturbing.The staff also misinformed me and misdirected me on local transport about which they clearly had no clue. They would treat you better in a youth hostel.. Not suitable for families, and busy travellers at all. Pay a little more, stay closer to the hotel to save on transport, have a safer location and better security/ comfort.
I would not stay here, if they paid me only if I had guessed their incompetence.
I will seek a full refund and compensation. I booked on Expedia and they will also be getting a complaint letter shortly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For a warm welcome, stylish contemporary comfort and a convenient location just ten minutes from London Heathrow Airport, check-in to the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London Heathrow Airport hotel. Enjoy a famous DoubleTree cookie on arrival at this Cranford hotel. Catch-up with friends or colleagues over a drink in the bar, or order a meal in The Brasserie where fresh produce is showcased in innovative dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada London Heathrow Hotel Cranford
- Ramada Hotel London Heathrow
- Ramada Hotel Cranford
- Hounslow Ramada
- Ramada Hounslow