“Very Lavish - Tad over priced and slow staff” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Sale - From £66
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Cranford
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Very Lavish - Tad over priced and slow staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed here with my partner for a one night stop for a Xmas Party in Green ford.

Great for access and getting to and fro...
Great for food, rooms and any additional s you may need on you stay (ie: Towels, toilet stuff)
However, The breakfast was a fortune and so was parking. To top it off the staff in the restaurant were stroppy, un-helpful and above all very slow.

Great venue but average score from me.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
DoubleTreeLHRAirport, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am so sorry to read you found the attitude of the staff unhelpful during the breakfast service, and I will be passing this onto the Food & Beverage Manager to address. Please be assured this is certainly not our normal standard of service and I hope we may have the oppourtunity to welcome you back to show this. I'm glad however that you were pleased with the food, rooms and amentities. Suzie Riddell, Front of House Manager

889 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Geelong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We stayed for one night after a long flight and evening arrival. The price was outstanding value for a London hotel so we weren't expecting too much but it was really good. One exceptional thing was the friendliness of the staff - they couldn't have been more welcoming, also unusual in London in my experience. We had two twin rooms for our family. Interconnecting rooms are available but we hadn't organized them for ourselves. Parking is no problem outside. Transfer from the airport was GBP14 in a black taxi and took about ten minutes. The driver hadn't heard of the hotel because it used to be the Ramada (so he said) but he used the satnav and it was no problem.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. It's fantastic to know you got an outstanding rate and that the hotel experience went above your expectations for the price. I'm really so pleased how friendly you found the staff and will thank all the team for their continued positive attitude. I really hope we can welcome you back again, and if you do need interconnecting rooms, don't hesitate to drop me an email at suzie.riddell@hilton.com. Suzie Riddell, Front of House Manager
Kearney, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We needed a place to stay overnight near Heathrow. Room was very nice with a comfortable bed. Free wifi in the lobby. Took Hoppa bus 56 to get to hotel from terminal 5. Save one euro if you purchase return to airport. Very convenient.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. I'm pleased to know that the hotel was so convenient for you and you could make use of the National Express Hotel Hoppa to get to Heathrow. I hope we can welcome you back again. Suzie Riddell, Front of House Manager
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Stayed there for 3 nights, the room was really good, without a hefty price tag that comes with central London hotels. Bus to Hounslow West tube station is right in front of the hotel. It's a 10 min ride to Hounslow west and then a 45 minute tube journey to central London. I stayed there when it was Ramada Jarvis in march 2012. This was a quality place to stay and explore London. Only inconvenience was the travel but the hotel was booked under offer price so it was worth it in the end.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you could book the room at a decent price and that you are a loyal customer to the hotel. I hope we can see you again this year where I know we will still be offering great discounts for our guests. Suzie Riddell, Front of House Manager
Stevenage, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

I booked 2 data before a departure in October in Heathrow to San Diego. Big clean room great bed and fast front desk service. Planes fly so low over the hotel but when in your room you can not hear a thing.?i slept like a baby and had a great breakfast morning. When going to the airport I used the executive cars they use instead of a taxi £16 and arrived at Terminal 4 in style .

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you slept so well and weren't disturbed by the plane noise at all, and could also make use of our taxi company. It is also great to read that the Reception team were fast and efficient, and you enjoyed our Great British Breakfast. I hope we can welcome you back soon. Suzie Riddell, Front of House Manager
Taipei, Taiwan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

There is nothing spectacular about this hotel. The hotel felt new but it lacked a gym. Complimentary Wifi connection is available in hotel lobby. Hotel rooms does not have Wifi, only Ethernet cable available to connect to the internet – not convenient for those that travel with devises without cable connection. Also, the tv was dated with no HDMI input.

After arriving in Terminal 5, I went to the Hoppa bus stop and tried to look for hotel name on the sign. I couldn’t find it. After asking around, I was told it was H6 bus and it runs every 40 minutes. The cost is 4.50 pound each way but I purchased a return ticket to save 1 pound.
I’ve stayed at other hotels around Heathrow and usually the Hoppa bus comes every 15 minutes or so. Apparently, this hotel falls under misc hotel route. In addition, it took almost 30 minutes to arrive to the hotel from Terminal 5.

There are some small restaurants and liquor stores across the street from the hotel. Area does not seem safe at night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. We are planning to install a fitness room this year and are also currently in the process of updating our Internet options with new Wifi throughout the hotel. We have been in contact with Heathrow Airport to request they update the signage for the National Express Hoppa Bus, however we are unable to change this ourselves. I understand the frustration this will cause our guests and can only apologise that this has not already been actioned. I hope we can welcome you back in the future where you will see an improvement on all these aspects. Suzie Riddell, Front of House Manager
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I spend a lot of time in hotels on business. My head office is next door to the Double Tree and I regularly stay here and as airport hotels go I consider it to be one of the best. The rooms are well furnished and comfortable; the bathrooms neat clean and very functional. The staff are efficient and friendly and the food, bearing in mind it is standard menu designed for occasional visitors not regular or long term guests, is of a very high standard. My last trip was to be an overnight for my wife and I whilst going to a concert in London. Great, quiet nights sleep!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter