“Still Working Out the Kinks” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Sale - From £66
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Cranford
Highland Village, Texas
“Still Working Out the Kinks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Doubletree for 2 nights. It was easy to get to with the 105 bus (1/2 the cost of the Hoppa Bus). The Doubletree is a Ramada that has recently changed over to a Doubletree. So maps still say Ramada and bus and taxi drivers will know it as Ramada.
The room was really nice. And, there was a nice tea and coffee service in the room that included a packet of cookies. Breakfast had a wide variety and you could order from the menu at the same price.
We had two issues, though. First, the Internet was sporadic. They hadn't set up their network yet, so they were using one of the general ones. The first night it was slow and the second night it just stopped working, despite them giving us a new login to try. The second issue is that the heater went out in our room. After attempting to fix it, we had the choice of either changing rooms or staying. A manager finally offered a space heater, as we didn't want to pack all our stuff up to unpack and repackage the next morning.
One hint about public transportation ...apparently you can pre-buy day tickets. We didn't know that and so had to pay for a bus to go to the Tube station and then buy the day pass.

• Stayed October 2012
DoubleTreeLHRAirport, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you found the hotel easy to get to, and I would like to apologise if there was any confusion over our re-branding. We are still working to ensure all signage is changed and are currently in contact with Heathrow Airport for the signs there.

I am sorry you experienced problems with the internet. We have our own Wifi which is free in the bar, reception and lobby area, however use BT Openzone Wifi in the bedrooms which is chargeable. We are currently in the process of having our own Wifi throughout the hotel for our guests to benefit from. I'm pleased we were able to provide you with a heater but of course am sorry there was a problem with your Air Conditioning.

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the rooms and breakfast. I hope we can welcome you back where this standard of hospitality will be seen through the hotel. Suzie Riddell, Front of House Manager

870 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Johns Creek, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel is a short bus ride away from Heathrow (Bus H56 if you arrive in terminal 4 or 5). The bus runs every 30 minutes and costs approximately 4 pounds each way. However, if you want to go to the city be prepared for a 50 pound cab fare, or face going back to the airport for a train ride. The rooms are nice, and the staff was very attentive. The food was reasonably good, but the workout room was sadly under renovation so I was unable to use if for the two nights I stayed here. I would have preferred to stay at the Hilton in terminal 4, but for the price difference this hotel was worth it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DoubleTreeLHRAirport, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I'm so pleased to read how attentive the staff were and that you liked the food. I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused regarding our fitness room. This is something that we are very much looking forward to being able to provide our guests with, and I hope that the next time you have reason to stay in the Heathrow area, we would have finished installing our new Fitness room and you can use this facility. Suzie Riddell, Front of House Manager
Athens, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

this was a great overnight stay while we regrouped and got ready for our long flight the next day the room was large and the beds were soooooooooo comfy a welcome end to hotel beds in the UK and EU..........the staff was very welcoming, and don't forget the doubletree cookies, hotel offered 24 hr room service, but we opted to go to hotel restaurant for dinner, food was quite good for a hotel.....the breakfast buffet the next morning was excellent. going to airport, have them get you a car...........it was only 15pounds which i thought was a great deal after our stay at this hotel we felt rested and ready to tackle a day of international travel hassels.

Room Tip: we asked for a conner room ended up on 4th floor on side, very quiet
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
DoubleTreeLHRAirport, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I'm very pleased how comfy you found the beds, how welcoming the staff were for you and of course that you received our signature DoubleTree Cookie! It is also lovely to read your comments about the excellent breakfast buffet. It is great to know that your stay left you rested and also set you up for your travelling. I hope we can welcome you back if you are in the area again. Suzie Riddell Front of House Manager
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This has been my second pre-flight stay at the Doubletree and it was just as good as my first.
The hotel is modern, clean and spacious and the rooms are fantastic. Considering this is a similar price to the Travelodge and Holiday Inn I will never consider staying anywhere else when flying from Heathrow.
Keep up the good work!

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your comments following your stay with us. I'm delighted to read that you have returned to the hotel and have experience the same great service. It is lovely to know that we will be your hotel of choice in the Heathrow area, and therefore I look forward to welcoming you back the next time! Suzie Riddell, Front of House Manager
Cannock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed at this hotel before our early flight the next day.
Lovely service from start to finish, the managers were exceptionally friendly and always offered their assistance.
We ate in the hotel bar during the evening which was also lovely, and had breakfast early the next morning. There was a great variety at breakfast, enough to keep you going through your flight!
Will certainly stay at this hotel again!
Loved it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your great review, it was a pleasure to read. I'm so pleased how friendly you found the staff and how impressed you were with the service, especially in the bar for dinner. We have recently expanded our range of breakfast choices when we re-branded to DoubleTree by Hilton, and I'm glad you found there was a great variety. I very much look forward to welcoming you back. Suzie Riddell, Front of House Manager
Aberdeenshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Good well-placed hotel, on Hotel Hoppa bus H56 route. Nice bistro with attentive service and reasonable food. Nice room, but do they really expect us to pay almost £6 for wired Internet? In this day and age, it should be part of the service.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your review. I'm very pleased to read you found the service in the restaurant attentive and that you enjoyed the food. We are currently in the process in installing Wifi throughout the hotel, which I am confident our guests will benefit from greatly. I hope we can welcome you back in the future where you can use this new facility, which I envisage will improve your experience. Suzie Riddell, Front of House Manager
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on a short visit to London from October 6 to 9th 2012. I had my 4 months old baby with me.Hotel staff, including management were awesome. The food was fantastic, especially the panini. The breakfast buffet was proper Full Monty and more ! Really classy with bath robe, slippers and every sort of toiletry stuff. The tea caddy was complete with oat crunch biscuits, chocolate drink, beautiful tea and coffee. The doubletree cookies was slightly different in taste from the American one, but delicious all the same. To top it all, we received the proper British hospitality at this hotel...
The Tesco Express across the road came in handy also.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
DoubleTreeLHRAirport, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff, food, and amenities to a very high standard. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the Chef who will be delighted to know how fantastic the food was.
I am also glad we were able to accommodate your 4 month old baby and that you experienced such great British Hospitality. I hope we can welcome you back again in the future should you return to the Heathrow area. Suzie Riddell, Customer Service Manager

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow? Share your experiences!