“Comfy Country Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Burnhouse
Bentley, United Kingdom
“Comfy Country Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We have stayed twice and have enjoyed both times. The staff are lovely, the food was fine and the rooms were clean and comfortable both times. Generally nice and quite, so really good if you just want to chill out. Yes, it hasn't got the polish of an international hotel chain, but is has a charm of its own. Everything worked ok and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. It's in a nice rural location with good links to both Glasgow and Prestwick Airports and the local trunk roads.
Happily stay there again.

Room Tip: All the rooms we stayed in the old part of the hotel were fine
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
KatyKaskonas, Manager at Burnhouse Manor Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Reveiwer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your stay with us at Burnhouse Manor Hotel.

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us on both occasions and thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff, food and bedrooms.

As you mention we have the beauty of a lovely rural location, however close to ammenties and both Glasgow and Prestwick Airports.

Thank you again for taking the time to send your review to trip advisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Burnhouse Manor Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Tayport, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I attended a wedding here and found the hotel really needs it's décor updated, a flat screen tv in room is fine but the money would have been better spent on fixtures and fittings, the carpet into the entrance does not create a good impression. The rooms were reasonably clean (not vacuumed properly) but could have been better especially as they had had only 2 rooms occupied the night before.
I found the food good and the staff were helpful and courteous apart from 1 member of staff who couldn't get our room door open on arrival then disappeared whilst muttering about the hotel, but she was young and maybe not suited to the hospitality industry. Staff were sometimes difficult to find but we were at a wedding function and I'm sure they had their hands full but someone providing an obvious presence at breakfast would have saved us waiting and wondering where everyone was.
I have read mixed reviews about here and I can see why, it has left me with mixed feelings about the place and whilst I wouldn't recommend it I wouldn't count it out if it provided a good stopping point on a journey.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review Burnhouse Manor Hotel.

We are currently upgrading our main banqueting suite which is scheduled to be complete by the end of May 2013. We are a busy venue and therefore it is crucial that we select an approriate time to carry out any renovations so we never impact on any of our events.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our courteous staff and good food. I note that one member of the team was mentioned as not being suited to the hospitality industry, again we take this point on board and can only assume that this was a one off event as we have an excellent team of staff at Burnhouse Manor Hotel who always aim to provide our guests with the best customer service at all times.

I am unsure why you were unable to locate a staff member as the main bar and function suite are all located near by each other and as you mention there was a Wedding on at the hotel which would require staff to be permantley present in the bar area at all times.

Thank you for your comments on trip advisor.

East Kilbride, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I attended a wedding at the Burnhouse Manor and it was like stepping back in time, the hotel is in need of a complete renovation, its very tired looking. The bathrooms had apricot coloured suites which were dire and for the price of £80 per night was way overpriced. Owners need to spend some money on it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review Burnhouse Manor Hotel.

We have renovated a number of areas in the last few weeks at the hotel and we are set to complete the full refurbishment by the end of May 2013.

I would be delighted for you to return to note the changes made throughout. Please contact me at anytime.

We take on board your comments regarding our pricing strategy but often receive positive feedback from our guests that £80.00 bed and breakfast for 2 guests sharing is very reasonable especially as many nearby hotels charge a much higher rate.

Thank you again for your comments regarding your stay at Burnhouse Manor Hotel.

Burnhouse Manor Hotel

Travelers are raving about these Burnhouse hotels

glasgow
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

on our 1st&last visit 2hotel,Checked in2 room,it was freezing,The bed had one very flat pillow,Thought ok,things can only improve.Went down for dinner,Couldnt eat dinner when it arrived,Was just mush on a plate.We got taxi,&asked him,to take us somewhere we could get fed.That nite room was cosy,but woke up at 4am,frozen.We were so cold ,couldn't even shower.Headed down for breakfast,We were first in cold breakfast room,Service was shocking,when breakie arrived,it was uneatable.So we stormed out,Had to get breakie on route bak up the road.What a waste of £80

Room Tip: don't check in
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review Burnhouse Manor Hotel.

We always aim to provide excellent customer service, quality homemade food and a comfortable room to stay in.

I apologise that this was not the case on the date of your stay myself and my staff would have resolved anything we could of at the time, had we been aware.

Unfortunatley at this stage I can only apologise and invite you to contact me direct.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

On arrival the place was empty, chef and 2 serving staff behind the bar cleaning beer lines, no draught beers available!!
The table I went to sit at in the bar area was beer stained....
Handed the menu I had to ask the set up of the high teas, we ordered and when the food arived my breaded haddock was clearly not fresh but cheap frozen...Cutlery was dirty, cd playing in background skipped constantly, my tea plate was again dirty and when the cheap smelling brew arived with again, stained cups.... Enough!! I went looking for the staff to pay, found them in the kitchen, I left and was very disapointed and will never return.

• Stayed March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Burnhouse Manor Hotel.

We always aim to provide excellent customer service and therefore we carry out our pipe cleaning on a Sunday night, event dependent, after 9.30pm.

Therefore I can only assume that the chef had finished for the evening and rather than turn you away the staff made the decision to organise a meal for you.

I take on board the other points you have raised regarding cuttlery and crockery and can assure you that this is not our normal practice. In addition our breaded and battered haddock are very popular dishes and often complemented on.

I would be delighted to speak with you, please contact me at anytime.

Thank you for your review.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I must admit, although we had been happy at the Burnhouse before, it wasn't first choice on my list to take my mother-in-law for lunch on mother's day and to be treated by my son.

It was, however, a fabulous choice and I'm so pleased we took it. From the moment we arrived till the moment we left we were treated like special guests!

The service was polite, professional and, although busy, quick and friendly with out feeling at all rushed.

The food was lovely, nicely presented and very good value for money.

The only fault I could find was the mother's day gifts. I was asked when I booked how many mothers there would be and I said there would be two. When my son asked about the mother's gift, he was given a small box of LIndt Lindor (between two) and two vouchers for a discount for afternoon tea. Not, somehow what I was expecting.

Apart from that small gripe,everything was quite perfect.

I would not hesitate in highly recommending this lovely hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review Burnhouse Manor Hotel.

We are delighted that you found our staff to be polite, professional and friendly and the food to be lovely and good value for money.

We hope that you enjoyed the chocolates and complimentary afternoon tea vouchers.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Had my 30th birthday party here. Had a lovely meal in the afternoon before my party, food was excellent. All the staff were very friendly. Dj jim Marshall was excellent as well. It's an ideal venue for a party. All my guests had a lovely time.

• Stayed April 2012
Dear Reveiwer,

Thank you for your review for Burnhouse Manor Hotel.

We are delighted that you had a lovely meal in the afternoon before your party and found the food to be excellent and staff very friendly.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the main banqueting suite, it is an ideal venue for celebrations and we are delighted that Dj Jim Marshall was excellent too.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Burnhouse Manor Hotel

Been to Burnhouse Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!