“Amazing Wedding Venue!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Burnhouse by Beith, Burnhouse KA15 1LJ, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Burnhouse
“Amazing Wedding Venue!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The venue looked amazing, all requests made by ourselves were met perfectly by staff.
Wedding suite is a great size very modern and clean throughout.
The most amazing thing that all other hotels do not allow is for you to bring your pets, we have two small dogs who were allowed to stay with us the whole time and share our amazing day.
The staff are extremely accommodating, friendly and eased the pressure by ensuring everything went to plan. And finally,compliments to chef/kitchen staff. Meals exceeded expectations.

Debbie & Cheryl Garment

• Stayed November 2012
KatyKaskonas, General Manager at Burnhouse Manor Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Debbie and Cheryl,

Thank you for taking the time to review Burnhouse Manor Hotel.

We loved looking after you, your family and friends and we are delighted that you all enjoyed such a special day!

We hope you had a fabulous time in Mexico and a lovely Christmas.

Katy Kaskonas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Went to veiw hotel for possible wedding. Went two hours before a wedding was due to start. At first sight through the door I thought i had went back in time really dated and in poor condition.The so called cermony room had two boards with a white sheet over them which was covering a stack of chairs that they had tried to hide. For walking down the makeshift aisle there was a manky red carpet that was 20 year old if it was a day. I nearly fell over entering the dining area caused by the hole in the carpet and by the state of the palce. The chairs looked like there were old garden furniture metal tables. As I went to touch the table it swung about very unstable felt like it was going to collapse at any time. The other side of room had a curtain across it and all you could see was chairs and tables stacked up where the curtain was open. I nearly burst out laughing when she said the cupboard that they hold the ceremony in was 500 pound. All I could think about was how sorry I felt for the people who were getting married there. My advice would be if you want to see the bottom of the scale wedding venues then go and have a look but never have a wedding there so so bad. Looking at the other reviews the hotel doesnt respond unless someone says something nice which isnt often. They clearly keep there head in the sand regarding the condition of the hotel. I am sorry i wasted my time going to view the cesspit

Room Tip: If you want a good room go to a different hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
KatyKaskonas, General Manager at Burnhouse Manor Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Firstly I would like to note that I am unsure where you have visited as I do not believe that any of the points you have mentioned relate to Burnhouse Manor Hotel.

The first image you will see when entering the tree lined driveway into Burnhouse Manor will be our fairylights that are beautifully decorating the trees, second will be the Manor House building and on entrance to the Hotel there are 3 stunning droplet chandelier at the entrance and reception area.

Our Ceremony room is not carpeted and you will be able to view this on our website and facebook page to reafirm this, nor do we use garden furniture or metal tables inside or outside the hotel.

When you refer to the other side of the room having a carpet area - this is not the case we have a main function suite that is fully carpeted and a conservatory area that is has no carpet at all. You also mention a 'cupboard' that is used for the Ceremony, however we have 2 rooms one of which that holds up to 250 and the other that holds up to 110 seated for a ceremony and so once again I am unsure where you are referring to?

I would be delighted to organise a Show round of Burnhouse Manor Hotel, Ayrshire for you as we have been Winner of Best Wedding Venue in Scotland and Best Wedding Co-ordinator as voted by our Bride and Grooms since 2008.

Please contact me on 01560 488 006 or email katy@halohotels.co.uk and I also urge you to visit our Facebook site and Website for actual images of Burnhouse Manor Hotel.

General Manager and Wedding Co-ordinator
Burnhouse Manor Hotel

Travelers are raving about these Burnhouse hotels

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We have eaten here a number of occasions, the latest being Valentines Day, where we decided to stay the night too.

We have always had a lovely meal here and particularly our meal on Valentines Day was well cooked and tasty. I can also recommend the high tea with the the home baking is scrumptious. As always service was good too.

I believe the rooms have been upgraded since our stay, that's my reason for only giving four, as when we stayed the rooms were not the nicest and the yellow bathroom suite was a bit of a shock. Although very reasonably priced at £60 for dinner, bed and breakfast.

Overall, we have always had good service and good food at Burnhouse Manor and would recommend.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review Burnhouse Manor Hotel, Ayrshire.

We are delighted that you have had lovely meals with us especially on Valentines Day and also enjoyed our delicious homebaking too!

We have upgraded our bedrooms and continually strive to ensure that our decoration and maintenance of all aspects of the hotel is kept up to a high standard.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future, maybe again for Valentines Day this year!

Lochwinnoch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We have decided to have Christmas lunch away from home this year to avoid the piles of washing up, never mind the copious amounts of cooking! After much researching, the Christmas menu of the Burnhouse Manor appealed to us more than our regular haunts, but as we had never been before we decided to go along one Sunday and experience the carvery for £8.95 per person. Sadly due to a lack of booked covers, the carvery was not available (understandable) however we were invited to choose two courses from the extensive lunch menu for the same price. The food was as good to perfect as it gets and we had the most delicious lunch; all of us having something different so we could achieve the maximum feedback. The staff were so welcoming and friendly and we truly felt that we had been afforded proper service, a rare thing nowadays. Our first experience was so great that we booked for Christmas Day at the end of our meal! We returned a couple of weeks later and were remembered by the staff and warmly welcomed back. My son, who's 7, had decided on the way there, what he was going to have as he had enjoyed it so much the last time! The children's menu is delightful, no reconstituted chicken nuggets here, and has some quite 'grown up' dishes included such as the choice of pate as one of the starters. The waiting staff were very complimentary about my child's manners and behaviour and were truly lovely to him (perhaps they wouldn't be if he had been a brat!). We again were served some of the most delicious food, accompanied by lots of smiles and polite chat.
My advice is, if you haven't been, go; you won't be disappointed. If you haven't been for a while, go back; you will kick yourself for having waited so long!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
KatyKaskonas, General Manager at Burnhouse Manor Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our welcoming and friendly staff. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience and your meal with us at Burnhouse Manor Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back on Christmas Day!

We totally agree with your words and would like to reiterate to anyone who has not been to Burnhouse Manor Hotel before for lunch, dinner, hightea or afternoon tea to come along and for those who have been many years ago we would love to welcome you back.

Thank you again for your lovely comments.

Burnhouse manor Hotel
Prestwick, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just back from lunch today it was excellent . Although we were the only people there as it was later on in the afternoon the service was excellent . Food first class and fresh veg is always a plus . We are staying over for a party night and the lovely girl on reception was so kind to show us the room we would be staying in . We are a party of 8 and are so looking forward to our party night in December thanks again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
KatyKaskonas, Manager at Burnhouse Manor Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your lunch with us at Burnhouse Manor Hotel.

We we always strive to provide excellent customer service and delicious homemade cuisine.

We are also launching our new restaurant theme in the next few weeks and we would be delighted to welcome you back to sample some of our new dishes!

We look forward to seeing you again for our Fabulous Christmas party night in December too.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I held my full wedding at the Burnhouse Manor in September and the day could not have went any better. The venue is fantastic, food amazing. The best service i have ever experienced. My guests were so well taken care of from the minute myself and bridal party arrived on the friday night to when we all left on the sunday after breakfast. Katy and Claire were amazing, took care of the full set up for my cermony and reception and it was perfect. I had lots of extra things planned for throughout the day and nothing was too much bother for the staff to take care of for me. All staff were so friendly, helpful and attentive. Myself, my parents, and friends had dinner on the Friday night which was amazing we all ordered different items from the menu and it was all served fresh and was delicious. I still have wedding guests telling me how lovely the wedding meal was and i know everyone was happy with the cooked breakfasts we had on the saturday and sunday mornings. I had previously taken my family to the burnhouse for lunch prior to the wedding and was delighted with the service and food then. I really cannot stress how much i would recommend this hotel to people, either for a meal, a nights stay and especially for a wedding. Thank you so much you helped make our day so perfect.

Room Tip: I have rated swimming pool. This venue has does not have a swimming pool but the bridal suite has a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your Wedding Day at Burnhouse Manor Hotel!
We are delighted that you had an amazing day and that all aspects of your experience with us was so good!
We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Irvine, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Just had my surprise party here and have to say the party was fab the staff are soo nice. My Husband booked us into the suite as a surprise too, so imagine my surprise when i found some one else's clothes in the wardrobe 3 inch dust on the lamps no t.v. working no bath mat, the sitting room table looked like some one had just left as there was ring marks all over it and while looking down the back of the cabinet where t.v sits to see if maybe a cable had came out and that's why it wasnt working was just full of empty milk tubs sugars and bits of other rubbish. It was such a let down. So therefor i would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
KatyKaskonas, Manager at Burnhouse Manor Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Mrs Johnstone,

Thank you for your review on trip advisor and for the email that you sent me last night regarding your party.

We are delighted to hear such lovely compliments regarding our staff and your party, I know that your husband and daughter organised a fabulous event and many of your guests spoke to me on the evening saying how much they enjoyed themselves.

We are really shocked at the comments regarding your room and as I said in my reply to your email first thing this morning we are investigating this fully despite being a number of weeks ago and the houskeepers will also be taken through the disciplinary process.

I notice that your review title is ' not very nice at all' which I feel really takes away from the service, food, venue and wonderful evening that you and your family had. I received a beautiful email from your daughter thanking all of the staff for the party and I only hope that they are not dissapointed at your comments on trip advisor.

Burnhouse Manor Hotel

Been to Burnhouse Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!