“Huge Improvement” 4 of 5 stars

Ellerker Road | Brantingham, Brough HU15 1QE, England
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Triton Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 23 Restaurants in Brough
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Pub-restaurant under new ownership offering fabulous home made British cuisine in a cosy rural pub. Great outdoor space, perfect for outside dining. Dogs welcome in the bar (if they're good!). Booking not necessary for the bar (Restaurant coming soon - September/October 2013).
Brough
“Huge Improvement”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

The Triton has recently been refurbished and what an improvement. Following the gastro-pub formula - wooden tables, wooden floorboards, bookcase wall-paper etc. it has lots of extra touches too including an open fire and fresh flowers (wild and cultured and imaginative) on the tables.

The atmosphere is lovely and the staff pleasant, polite and helpful. The service has been a little slow.

The menu is varied both in terms of choice and price and the food is really beautifully presented. I have now eaten here on three occasions, twice for lunch and once for dinner and will certainly be back.

On both occasions for lunch I have chosen the club sandwich and triple cooked chips. On the first occasion the bread was rather soggy and the second occasion rather oily (they had run out of white bread and therefore we were offered soda bread which was fine but had too much olive oil added). Otherwise we were very pleased with our meals (other members of the party had fish cakes which were deemed excellent, the porkshire sausages which also went down very well.

For dinner my friend and I both had the slow roasted belly pork which was served with a delicious jus, a toffee apple sauce (very tasty), mash and pureed peas. My only slight criticism was that it was not as hot as I would have liked.

One huge plus is that you can order smaller portions if you choose which is an excellent idea and suits a range of appetite.

Each time there were a comfortable number of diners and the noise levels were fine (in some places the noise is over-powering because of the sparse nature of the decor).

I will most certainly be back.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Beverley, United Kingdom
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Firstly the staff were great, although they didn't at any point ask if we enjoyed our meal. There seems to be an excess of mashed potato, and very limited vegetables. It was adequate, but wont rush back. Thought it was expensive for what it was, but the refurb is lovely.

Visited October 2013
Yorkshire
“Tip top Triton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We met up with friends here because it was halfway between where all lived. The place was beautiful - very tastefully refurbished. I ordered a burger which was very nice but in a stale bun, which was too big for the burger! The 'triple cooked' chips I thought were overcooked. Two of us had fish and chips which they thought excellent, and one person ordered belly pork, again excellent. We thought it was rather overpriced for the food.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brough, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

We have visited The Triton for the past two Saturdays and both occasions have been great. Gorgeous food on the new menu and fabulous service by a team of very polite, conscientious waiting staff. Nothing is too much trouble. We will definitely be back soon!

Visited October 2013
newbury
“Worth the wait!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Having read the previous review I have to say that we did wait a while for our food!
BUT when someone comes over and apologises profusely and the food arrives and all our party love it (including our two granddaughters) I think it's fair to be equally generous in forgiving the delay!
The menu does have bangers and mash and cod and chips, two pub grub classics! The children's fish fingers are made from fresh and tasty fish (it looked so good I am embarrassed to say I did have to sample it for the girls!). My Belly of Pork was one of the best value for money meals I have had for a very long time.
They are possibly a man down in the kitchen but thank heavens they are not cutting corners to compensate.
Perfect no but excellent value, attentive staff and after all they have been through with the closure I can only wish them well.
We will be back! Thank You