“Tranquil setting for a beautiful retreat for two both in the garden and The Pavillion” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Al-Ru Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Adelaide Hills
Al-Ru Farm
You added Al-Ru Farm to your Saves list
One Tree Hill Road, South Australia 5114, Australia   |
Ranked #13 of 22 Adelaide Hills B&B and Inns
Mt Barker S.A.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2009

We enjoyed wonderful friendly hospitality from our hosts Ruth and Allan. The Garden Pavillion is well appointed with beautiful antiques and luxurious bed linen. The kitchen is spacious with marble bench tops and oven, grill, fridge, freezer and all you may need. Indeed, when we return, we will definitely eat all our meals in (these can be arranged prior to visiting or you can prepare something simple like we did). The fresh baked bread made by Allan was wonderful, and the breakfast provisions and fruit bowl extremely generous.
The most important aspect has to be the setting. The garden at Al Ru Farm is superb. It is one of the best to be seen in S.A. And it has been designed such that The Garden Pavillion has one of its own private gardens.We enjoyed sitting on the verandah and having a relaxing champagne and nibbles, and isn't that what a get-away is all about, and it doesn't get any better than at Al Ru Farm.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Solo
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2009

We stayed at the Garden Pavilion at Al-Ru Farm and it was fantastic! We loved the beautiful surroundings, the warm hospitality and the Garden Pavilion itself. Loved the atmosphere. It was an unforgettable experience. Absolutely magical! We loved it so much we didn't want to leave!! A perfect romantic getaway...

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2008

Al-Ru Farm is an enchanting hideaway nestled within the most glorious gardens and stunning landscapes that provide wonderful accommodations’ while visiting the Northern Adelaide Hills.

I wasn’t going to stay there as it was so close to home however, on advice from I friend I caved in.
From the moment I arrived I felt like I had entered another world, a secret doorway into an enchanted hideaway nestled within the most glorious gardens. Paths entwined within paths, charming and captivating me, leading me to secluded areas in the garden.

We were greeted by Ruth when we arrived and enjoyed a walk down to the lake whilst she provided us with a history of Al-Ru Farm.

Ruth has her own orchard and hens so provisions are wonderful and fresh the jams tasted as though they had been picked that day. The aroma’s wafting from her kitchen were so tempting that I had to poke my head in and I discovered upon request she will cook a meal for you so I am already planning my return.

Whilst there I also spent some time laying around the pool feeling like a roman goddess as peacock strolled by and I happened to look up as a kangaroo and her Joey went past it was a memorable moment . The pool has recently been finished and by the time I return I will be able to enjoy the luxury of the steam house that is almost completed.

The dedication Ruth has to Al-Ru Farm and her zeal to provide the paramount in accommodation has been unmatched throughout my traveling experiences and I know I will return again and again.

From US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2007

The location is great just a few minutes from Adelaide on the way to the Barossa Valley wine region. Both Ruth and Alan were always helpful with suggestions on where to eat or how to get to that unique little spot that you had heard of before coming.

The gardens are unbelievably charming, filled with romantic touches such as the lily pond or the small table just perfect for that late glass of wine as the sun sets. No wonder that many wedding are held in these gardens.

The Garden Pavilion is comfortable located on the edge of the gardens; but for us, the best place to stay is in the Oak room in the main house. The interaction with our hosts Alan and Ruth added so much to what was already a wonderful stay.

Al-Ru Farm is definitely on our list of places that we would enjoy returning to.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2005

When I arrived I was greeted by Ruth the hostess of Al-Ru Farm. She is amazing, so warm and friendly making us feel so welcome. The fire was laid and she had just baked a wonderful cake that she shared with us. We ate it ing the garden with a pot of tea.

I love wonderful gardens and this one is unbelievabe. Totally romantic with the pond and the wonderful rose gardens, what a picture that will make when they are in bloom. The daffodils and blue bells were out and this bright bink flower called silene, gosh it was stunning.

There are cows and kangaroos in the paddocks at the back of the pavillion and even an orchard to pick frut in, all the jams are made by Ruth from home grown fruit, the quince jelly is stunning. Alan bakes the bread and it is hung on the door still piping hot!

Great location 25 minutes to Adelaide and Not much further to the Barossa Valley wine region. We only stayed 2 nights and I felt cheated, it was not loong enough we should have stayed the whole week and used it as our base for our S.A. travels. Ruth was invaluable in her suggestions about where to eat and what to see and which wineries to visit. She showed us her Antiques in the Wharehouse, oh boy! Incredible to see so much on this farm, we were very taken with a few items.

The Garden had also been written up in a book called Rose Garden of Australia, very lushious publication.

We will be back but this time for a little longer.

Been to Al-Ru Farm? Share your experiences!