We booked Belmont House as were booked in for an evening at River Cottage HQ for my husband's 40th birthday. This B & B is a lovely little gem found in the small seaside resort of Beer - what a great find it was too!
We stayed in the "Blue room" which was the largest room available and it was very modern, fresh and comfortable. The bathroom as a good size too, we had complimentary toiletries and fresh white bath robes, there was nothing that you couldn't ask for. There was also a comfy sofa in our room that we lounged out on and a flat screen tv (with dvd player and a selection of dvd's to play) and a small fridge too - bonus! Overall it was extremely clean and comfortable there were nice little touches with dark mint chocolates on our pillows when we arrived, tea & coffee or hot chocolate, complimentary bottle of water and a small bag of peanuts in the room.
We haven't stayed in many small b & b's, we tend to stay in city chain hotel's, I know you can't compare a small b&b to a chain hotel but to be honest with the little touches mentioned above we couldn't fault Belmont House. The breakfast in the morning was a good quality cooked breakfast offering plenty to eat with cereal, yogurt and toast as well and the service was quick.
Simon, the owner, was very friendly and welcoming, as well as Katie the young lady who helps run the b & b, together they provide a great service
We bought our tickets for River Cottage separate to the b & b, but we took advantage of the transport offered by Belmont House. Simon took us there giving us a tour around beforehand and picked us up afterwards, which meant that we could both have a drink and really relax and enjoy our evening even more.
I would recommend to anyone to go to Beer and stay at Belmont House, it is such a quaint place to stay. Give it a go and if you are thinking of going to River Cottage and would like a drink when there ask about the transport - you obviously have to pay for it but it is well worth it!
- Also Known As:
- Belmont House Bed And Breakfast Beer
- Belmont House b&b Beer Hotel Beer
- Belmont House b&b Beer Hotel
- Belmont House B&B Beer Devon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 200 Year old flint stone fisherman's cottage with a 2 minute flat level walk to the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Belmont House B&B Beer reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.