“Jungle Spa Horsebackriding Adventure - great fun with kids!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vista Los Suenos Horseback Riding

Vista Los Suenos Horseback Riding
6km north of the Jaco Beach main intersection | Jaco Beach, Puntarenas, Herradura, Costa Rica
506 2637 6020
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Herradura
More attraction details
Owner description: Horseback riding is perhaps one of the best ways to discover the wonders of the rainforest; we have some of the nicest horses and the best views in the area, come and discover nature at its best in our private exclusive 80-acre property. We have 2 great options to choose from:Option #1 This is our signature 3 hour tour. The tour starts at our beautiful Herradura base just 10 minutes from Jaco Beach and Los Suenos area, once you arrive we will get prepared to depart on your journey, to the waterfalls and swimming pools, if you are lucky along the way you will have the opportunity to spot some great wild life such as: Tucans, Scarlet Macaws, White Face Monkeys. Upon arrival to the swimming area we will set up some fresh tropical fruits and water, and you will have some time to hang out and enjoy the waterfalls and natural slide. Duration: 3 hours. Departure Times: 9:00am, 10am, 1:00pm and 2:00pm. What to bring: Water shoes and swimwear , mosquito repellent, long pants, towel, sunscreen, sunglasses and camera. Includes: Bilingual guides, entrance to the Waterfalls, insurance, helmets, fruits and water.Option #2 This is our shorter version of our Horseback Tour, The tour starts at our beautiful Herradura base just 10 minutes from Jaco Beach and Los Suenos area, once you arrive we will get prepared to depart on your journey, this tour will take you to some great mountain trails, if you are lucky along the way you will have the opportunity to spot some great wild life such as: Tucans, Scarlet Macaws, White Face Monkeys. Duration: 1.5 hours. Departure Times: 9:00am, 11am and 1:00pm. What to bring: Long pants, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, sunglasses and camera. Includes: Bilingual guides, insurance, helmets, and water.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Jungle Spa Horsebackriding Adventure - great fun with kids!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Do it! This was my daugther's favorite part of our Costa Rica vacation, tied with surfing in Jaco. I (mom) & kids (8 & 11) found the beginning of the ride a bit hot/humid, but quickly recovered in the shade of the jungle canopy, and then the waterfall/swimming holes were all the more refreshing. We had such a great time playing in the water. Our guide was excellent and spoke English well. The short hike up from the waterfall was also nice, as he entertained us with just the right amount of interesting info & tricks using the local plants, and that provided a few natural rest points. He also went above & beyond by giving us extra sunscreen & by taking and emailing pictures. A few tips: wear clothing with good sun protection that you can swim in (okay to ride back damp & no place to change at waterfall). There are clean bathrooms at the start/end of the trip, and the office safely held some items for us during the ride. No need to carry water, as they provided some along with a nice fruit snack at the waterfall. We will definitely do this again next time we're there!

Visited March 2013

Jaco, Costa Rica
“Amazing Horseback Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I live in Costa Rica and brought my son and a few of his friends to ride horses...the tour was amazing!!! The views were breathtaking and the tour guides were incredibly helpful...especially since I was with younger children(12 and 13 year olds). Bottom line is I have only good things to say...definitely an experience not to be passed up!!!!

The Woodlands, Texas, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and daughters loved this activity...very relaxing and the waterfall was refreshing. Guide was excellent and had outstanding English.

Visited March 2013
Barnesville, Georgia
“paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I had an execelent time. I am out of shape and the guide stopped and waited on me. I learner a lot about the nature of Costa Rica. If you want you want to find yourself you deffinatly need to take this tour. I'm an experienced rider but it had been a while. These guides of mine elisiar and Roy helped me find my way back to my ridding skills.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Incredible adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I am not used to riding horses but I went with my friends who were. Although I was scared and my horse knew it, the guides on my tour made me feel so comfortable and instructed me how to ride and bond with my horse. It was a beautiful experience, however, I would of jumped off my horse and ran along side him if it weren't for my wonderful guides who gave me the confidence to continue. I am so proud I completed this trail. The waterfall was breath taking. The landscape and raw Costa Rican earth was vibrant. This was the ultimate way to end my vacation. I recommend this tour to anyone. Everyone with me was experienced with ridding, they ran with their horses while the other guide allowed me to trot and go slow and try galloping. It was awesome. The horses theirselves were beautiful and healthy and well maintained. WOW