“Incredible adventure” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vista Los Suenos Horseback Riding

Vista Los Suenos Horseback Riding
6km north of the Jaco Beach main intersection | Jaco Beach, Puntarenas, Herradura, Costa Rica
506 2637 6020
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 23 Attractions in Herradura
More attraction details
Owner description: Horseback riding is perhaps one of the best ways to discover the wonders of the rainforest; we have some of the nicest horses and the best views in the area, come and discover nature at its best in our private exclusive 80-acre property. We have 2 great options to choose from:Option #1 This is our signature 3 hour tour. The tour starts at our beautiful Herradura base just 10 minutes from Jaco Beach and Los Suenos area, once you arrive we will get prepared to depart on your journey, to the waterfalls and swimming pools, if you are lucky along the way you will have the opportunity to spot some great wild life such as: Tucans, Scarlet Macaws, White Face Monkeys. Upon arrival to the swimming area we will set up some fresh tropical fruits and water, and you will have some time to hang out and enjoy the waterfalls and natural slide. Duration: 3 hours. Departure Times: 9:00am, 10am, 1:00pm and 2:00pm. What to bring: Water shoes and swimwear , mosquito repellent, long pants, towel, sunscreen, sunglasses and camera. Includes: Bilingual guides, entrance to the Waterfalls, insurance, helmets, fruits and water.Option #2 This is our shorter version of our Horseback Tour, The tour starts at our beautiful Herradura base just 10 minutes from Jaco Beach and Los Suenos area, once you arrive we will get prepared to depart on your journey, this tour will take you to some great mountain trails, if you are lucky along the way you will have the opportunity to spot some great wild life such as: Tucans, Scarlet Macaws, White Face Monkeys. Duration: 1.5 hours. Departure Times: 9:00am, 11am and 1:00pm. What to bring: Long pants, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, sunglasses and camera. Includes: Bilingual guides, insurance, helmets, and water.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Incredible adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I am not used to riding horses but I went with my friends who were. Although I was scared and my horse knew it, the guides on my tour made me feel so comfortable and instructed me how to ride and bond with my horse. It was a beautiful experience, however, I would of jumped off my horse and ran along side him if it weren't for my wonderful guides who gave me the confidence to continue. I am so proud I completed this trail. The waterfall was breath taking. The landscape and raw Costa Rican earth was vibrant. This was the ultimate way to end my vacation. I recommend this tour to anyone. Everyone with me was experienced with ridding, they ran with their horses while the other guide allowed me to trot and go slow and try galloping. It was awesome. The horses theirselves were beautiful and healthy and well maintained. WOW

Visited February 2013

Jaco, Costa Rica
“BEST TOUR EVER!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I've done a lot of tours in the area, but this one is by far my favorite. The jungle scenery is super relaxing with breathtaking views. The horses seem very well cared for. The guides are a lot of fun and told us a bunch of things about the rain forest we didn't know yet. The waterfalls are spectacular and definitely very refreshing, great swim! By far one of the best places to relax ( or maybe have a few drinks) in the area. THANKS GUYS YOU'RE FANTASTIC.

Visited February 2013
Barrie, Canada
“Great Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Recently, my husband and I were vacationing in Costa Rica. As many people tend to do in this beautiful, lush country, we and our friends decided to go zip lining. The staff was wonderful! I was totally out of my comfort zone and they made me feel safe and well cared for the whole time. And they also didn't make me feel too wimpy.

Later, my husband and I decided to return and go horseback riding. This was a wonderful experience as well. In fact, my husband said he liked this activity the best of all of the activities we had participated in thus far. Unfortunately, my horse was a pinto and somewhat dominant. Towards the end of our ride, my husband's horse came too close to the rear of mine and my horse kicked up his hind legs. Regrettably, he connected with my husband's shin. The resort staff was amazing. They dressed his leg, took us to the best clinic in the area, took us to lunch and gave us some t-shirts. Honestly, I don't think they could have done anymore than they did in the face of an accident that could not be blamed on anyone except the pinto. John needed four stitches, but has mended nicely. A big thank you to Leo Centeno who is the general manager of the resort!

Visited January 2013
Syracuse, New York
“REALLY FUN!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My twelve year old daughter and I had a wonderful time on this tour. The scenery was amazing. Our guide was very good and the "cowboy" who came with us helped us in and out of the saddle and kept a very close eye on the young kids on the trip. We felt well cared for. It was a more challenging walk down to the waterfall than I had thought but WELL worth the effort and our guide was always there with a hand. Swimming in the waterfall and natural pools really amused my daughter. We loved this experience.

Visited December 2012
Delaware, USA
4 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Fun, low skill, some work (up and down the mountain) but SPECTACULAR views. The animals are very, very well cared for. The guides are super friendly and seem to be having as good a time as you are. Pick fresh limes!!

Visited November 2012