“Great hotel with a fabulous pool!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort

You added Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort to your Saves list
Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   800 mts West from Herradura Entrance | Playa Herradura, Central Pacific, Herradura 5024005, Costa Rica   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
30% off Event in February
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Herradura
Santa Cruz, California
“Great hotel with a fabulous pool!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in August and it was great! We had a red eye flight the night before and the hotel let us check in when we got there! Talk about great service! The beach is very rocky so probably not the best place to stay if you are here for the beach. But the pool is just amazing. It includes a swim up bar, pool service, and multiple swimming areas in the pool. We ate a lot of meals at the marina and that was great! It is only a 0.3 mile walk from the hotel to the marina. The best hotel in this area of Costa Rica.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Diana D, General Manager at Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Kelly,

Thank you for your review!
We are very happy to know that you had a great vacation with us!
As you mention our pool is magnificent and the restaurants nearby are great for outside dinning.
We hope you visit us very soon.

Thank you again for sharing your experience!
Diana de Rojas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
westminster,co
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Played golf at the La Iguana golf club with my buddy, and it was super awesome. Very humid so it was hard to hold our clubs but we played through it. Course is very well kept and super green. Playing in the jungle was super fun with amazing views. Driving range is kinda weak compared to the rest of the course. Los Suenos area is awesome I wish we had stayed there, next time definitely. If your in the area and can afford $150.00 bucks to play I highly recommend playing this course.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Willieb303

Thank you for your feedback!

The Iguana Golf Course is a magic place, full of nature and great views!
We are very happy to know that you had a great time.

We hope to see you soon, so you can enjoy the rest of the property!

Warm Regards!
Diana de Rojas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I am happy we chose this resort it was beautiful! We loved seeing all of the exotic animals around the campus from parrots to iguanas...the food was over priced...better off getting the breakfast included with ur stay and heading to Jaco 5 min away for a nice dinner...there are plenty of places to eat in Jaco and you can experience true culture out of the resort...the hotel staff was so friendly and even upgraded our room and had tequila for us upon check in since it was our honeymoon...the beach had dark sand and no one swam in it so if u want to take a dip get the $12 taxi service and ride to Jaco the taxi at the hotel is $17...in all it is a beautiful resort perfect for a relaxing getaway...

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Beacon Falls, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I stayed at Los Suenos with my boyfriend for the last leg of a 10 day trip across Costa Rica. Although slightly outside of Jaco, it takes less than 10 minutes to drive to the town. The hotel was very clean and well-maintained, the rooms were beautiful, and the staff were friendly and very helpful. I lost my iPad case and the staff was wonderful about staying in contact and finding the case so it could be returned to me. Although the restaurants were somewhat pricey, the view from the terrace was well worth it. The pools are large and interestingly connected and the grounds are beautifully kept. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

My family and I recently stayed 2 nights here and enjoyed it. I got a severe ear infection the day before we arrived and was in bed most of our stay. It was a very comfotable room to be in when you don't feel well.

Douglas greeted us upon our arrival and let me know where to find the clinc, he kept asking how I was and was kind and genunine. If you need to see the doctor whille you're there, visit the docotrs at Hospital Clinica Bibilica, it's 5 minuntes away from the hotel. i am forever grateful to them, they were wonderful.

We had $150 resort voucher which made dining on the prmises cost effective.

We did not rent a car in Costa Rica but rather took shuttle everywhere. From my perspecitive,this property would be vastly improved if it had a shuttle that made regualr trips to Jaco.

I didn't like having to go the the Swiss Travel company everytime we wanted to get a taxi. It was burdensome and they weren't too friendly.

The hotel was nice, but favorite part of the hotel was Douglas!

New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

This was our second visit to Los Suenos Marriott and I love it. The view of the ocean from the rooms takes my breath away. It is "my happy place". My kids loved the pool and swimming in the ocean. The tour company located on property is useful to schedule day tours and transportation. The property is gorgeous. We participated in the tour through the golf center and although minimal in the delivery of information, it did give us a wonderful opportunity to view the golf course and surrounding area. We saw many iguanas and even found the scarlet macaws on property. Although food prices on property are quite expensive we made it through with a few pizzas from the Cafe. I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are breathtaking!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We stayed four days at Los Suenos last week and loved it! My wife and I celebrated our 20 year anniversary recently and wanted to celebrate with our four children on a vacation to Costa Rica. Los Suenos's staff was very warm and made sure our first half of our Costa Rican stay was very special. They were very attentive and always had a smile on their face. Would especially like to thank Karen and Shirley for their exceptional service. The pool at Los Suenos was great and the grounds were beautiful. Beach has a nice view but the beach itself leaves much to be desired. Next stop, the Four Seasons Resort at Papagayo.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!