“Wow. Breathtaking hotel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort

Save Saved
You added Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort to your Saves list
Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   800 mts West from Herradura Entrance | Playa Herradura, Central Pacific, Herradura 5024005 , Costa Rica   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Herradura
Denver, Colorado
“Wow. Breathtaking hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights on my Marriott points in July and wow, the hotel, staff, food, pool, golf, etc. are one of the best I experienced in Costa Rica. Only few minutes away from busy Jaco for other bars/restaurants/shops, but unlike in town, it is very quiet. The room I stayed was a King room. It was spacious, foam pillows, mattress was very good, clean, and had a great view of the ocean.
My only complain there was I really didn't want to leave after my stay.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed here the first 2 nights of our honeymoon in September 2013. I chose this place because we are Marriott rewards junkies and because my husband loves to golf so I wanted to fit that into our schedule. We ended up getting a great rainy season deal of $129/night which included a great buffet breakfast.

Upon our arrival, we were pleasantly welcomed with an upgraded room when we told the front desk it was our honeymoon. We had a lovely balcony with a view of the pool and beach. The room was nice but the bathroom was nothing impressive with a small bathtub and standup shower designed for one. The pool was beautiful with nice lounge chairs and plenty of space around the property. We were disappointed that there was no jacuzzi/hot tub outdoors. We inquired and learned there was one inside the spa but would cost $10 to use so we opted not to do so.

The staff was exceptionally friendly, the food was good but overpriced as typical for Marriott properties.

It took about an hour and a half to get here via private shuttle from San Jose airport which cost about $110 but we did not do very good transportation research prior to the trip. We also went into the town of Jaco one night and took a cab for $13/way and about 10 minute ride.

From the Husband - The waitstaff and employees of the Los Suenos Marriott hotel were awesome, very friendly and willing to go out of their way for our every whim. Everyone was wearing their smiles. As we are still in Costa Rica right now, I've found this true customer first attitude to be superfluous, at least in the tourist-centric regions of the country. The lack of a hot tub outside was my second biggest let-down.

I am a 10 handicap. First of all, let me say that the golf course layout and slope is clearly indicative of a championship style course. The bunker placement is diabolical, and hazards are well defined and difficult to avoid, especially off of the tee box. At that, I will concede that the Iguana golf course was in generally poor, to unplayable condition. There was times when I couldn't tell where the rough began and where the fairway ended. I had to search several times for my ball in the middle of the fairway in high grass. I understand that my visit was in the rainy season and that it is difficult to mow at that time, but geez. The greens were similar to putting in short st. Augustine in my front yard. Slow is not the word. I know of at least 10 golf courses within a 20 mile radius of my home in Houston Texas that are well manicured and playable even when it's wet. The design of the course gets 4/5 stars and the condition earns 1/5, if that. My best advice is to try it out in the dry season, with reviews posted to trip advisor.

Room Tip: Room 427 has the best view in the house, overlooking the bay with a gorgeous view of mountainous for...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed a very relaxing stay here in mid-October when the hotel occupancy couldn't hae been more than 30%. Friendly, helpful, and ready to please staff in a first rate physical facility. Food was above average and wait staff excellent. My only rub was with the National car rental agency on the hotel grounds; get it in writing.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
East Northport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is by far the nicest Marriott facility I have stayed in. Being a rewards member I found this to be a very exciting location which allowed me access to many of the surrounding sites. Close to shopping and restaurants in Jaco, large beautiful pool, Manuel Antonio National Park, zip lining etc. Only thing I would change is the time I visited since it was the rainy season and probably even nicer other times. Prices for things to do in Costa Rica can tend to be pricey so I recommend hiring a local driver and have them take you around the area to enjoy the local fare. Service at the hotel from the staff was courteous and friendly no matter where you were on the resort.

• Stayed July 2013
Littleton, Colorado, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Location was good. Hotel was nice. Service was lacking and slow. Food was ok, not really good though. Avg assistance with gluten free diet. Had reservation in advance. Since we were arriving at 5 am we got the reservation for the night before so we could enjoy the resort all day and not wait til 4pm check in...as per their instructions. When we arrived in the morning they had cancelled our reservation since we were "no shows" from the day before. Definitely would not stay there again. Food was better and cheaper in town. Worth the 5 min drive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cartago, Costa Rica
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Hi travellers... Let me tell you my horrible experience in this place, we chose this place because is very close from the airport , only 1:30 away ...you can find everything in the same place, hospital, supermarkets, banks, pool, beach.... But we got here we got deeply disappoint... The service was awfull, they didn't give is a map or tour of the place... Just ask for money and gave us the key! When we asked for the Internet... ??? Surprise the INTERNET IS NOT INCLUSIVE, You have to PAY 30$ PER DAY ... It's so ridiculous.... When I saw the room, I got disappoint again.... It look to old, clear but old fashion style, the bathroom didn't have the basic things you get in resorts and luxury 5stars hotels...!
The pool area is pretty nice, this is the only thing we really like, they have bar in the pool where you can buy your drinks... The beach is only in front .... ! The prices are ridiculous ! Breakfast 20$, supermarkets are so expensive.finally we traveled other restaurants for better attention and better prices ! I really don't recommend this bloody "resort" para vida

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was an amazing resort -- the pool is actually a trail of beautiful blue water and you are sure to find a private corner to enjoy. Our balcony overlooked the rear of the resort. Room was clean and plush with terrazo and spanish tile floors and marble counters in bath and bar area. Very comfy beds. Husband enjoyed the golf course, although we went during rainy season and he got drenched on the last 3 holes. The beach is a lagoon-type area that is protected from large waves, so you can wade without being knocked down. Food here is good, but very pricy. I suggest venturing down to Jaco Beach for cheaper fare. Stroll over to the marina for more shopping and sight-seeing. If you go, you will love it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!