While the rooms vary on the availability of balconies, we were lucky to get a room with a lovely balcony looking out over the bay for a partial ocean view price. The service staff for the hotel rooms was great. The service at the outdoor cafe was not as good. They seemed bored with their jobs - service was slow once food was ordered, tables were not completely set and it was hard to get the knife, fork, spoon or salt shaker that was needed.
The pool is a delightful S curve that can be floated in or swum. We did laps from one end to the other. Of course at one of the far ends is the swim up bar - a nice reward.
The spa was a good experience- actually my first mud bath. Definitely glad I did it and I was quite exfoliated afterwards.
Wild life abounds on the grounds but does not seem to get into the hotel. Nearby are entrances to parts of a rain forest and a small town - Jaco.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recognized by Travel & Leisure magazine readers as one of the "World's Best," the Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort is a luxury Costa Rica resort hotel nestled between the warm waters of the Pacific and a 1,100 acre tropical rainforest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean And Golf Resort
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Hotel Herradura
- Marriott Los Suenos Ocean Hotel
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort Costa Rica/Herradura