We are a family of 5, (2 adults and 3 teenagers). I used points for one garden room and paid for an ocean front room. The resort is absolutely beautiful. The hotel staff is amazing, friendly and accommidating. We dined at the hotel and marina restaurants and they all exceeded expectations. The casino on property is not good at all, (small/limited) but we did not come for that anyways. Beach is not the nicest, (black sand, rocks) but water is clean and surrounding area makes up for it. We used Pico Tours, (tent by beach) for a few adventures and he and his team were excellent. Their prices were 40% less than Swiss Travel (concierge) sponsored by hotel and they provide more tours and are much more accommidating. The only negative is on one day the pool ran out of towels but they scrambled to get us some that ended up being floor tub towels but based on everything else we really did not mind. Prices are high for food, water, etc. but no different than any other resort in a beautiful tropical setting. Definately recommend this place for a great location, central for all tours and adventures. One last remark for those travelling to Costa Rica. We rented a vehicle to get around ourselves; do not rent from Thrifty. We heard the same from 3 other people that used them as well while we were there. It took almost 2 hours from when we waited to get picked up by shuttle to actually get in our car. They force you to take insurance, ($220.00 additional) as well which was not on the initial reservation. Service was aweful, slow and disinterested. Avoid at all costs. Better options we heard were Hertz which has a counter at airport. Lastly, don't forget that you will pay almost $30.00 airport tax per person when you leave, many people at airport were unaware and upset when trying to get their airline tickets. Have fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recognized by Travel & Leisure magazine readers as one of the "World's Best," the Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort is a luxury Costa Rica resort hotel nestled between the warm waters of the Pacific and a 1,100 acre tropical rainforest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Otel, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Hotel Herradura
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean And Golf Resort
- Marriott Los Suenos Ocean Hotel
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort Costa Rica/Herradura