i have used trip advisor for years and felt compelled to share my experience.
Arrived @ 4:30pm and room wasn't ready. Anna at the front desk was super apologetic, walked us personally to the bar and comped our drinks. 10 minutes later our room was ready. Anna arranged for our bags to be brought straight up to the room. 10 minutes later we were lounging in the awesome pool.
Food was good. typical resort fare.
We highly recommend the Auto Mercado (grocery store) at the corner of hwy 34 and the turn off for Los Suenos. It is outstanding.
The beach is ok. Sand is super soft but the black sand makes the water look dirty.
The view of the Marina and the bay with an island in the middle is fantastic.
All in all great great great property.
ps. It is hot here. I mean really hot....90+ every day. Coming from Chicago it was a welcome change.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recognized by Travel & Leisure magazine readers as one of the "World's Best," the Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort is a luxury Costa Rica resort hotel nestled between the warm waters of the Pacific and a 1,100 acre tropical rainforest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Hotel Herradura
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean And Golf Resort
- Marriott Los Suenos Ocean Hotel
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort Costa Rica/Herradura