We visited Los Suenos for 3 nights at the start of our vacation in Costa Rica. We had read many reviews on Trip Advisor, so we were thrilled when we were given rooms 446 and 447. We were traveling with our daughters (ages 14 and 11) and the rooms adjoin with a common area between (part of the 446 suite). We had 3 balconies overlooking the pool and ocean just above the lobby bar and one of the restaurants. As Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite members, we are provided a room upgrade based on availability. Needless to say, we were thrilled with the accommodations! Many thanks to Nicolas Sandoval for his help with the check-in process and for his willingness to answer our questions!
We did try the restaurants too. The breakfast buffet at Nuevo Latino offered a huge variety of foods (from traditional French toast to frittatas, breakfast burritos, and made to order omelets). The fruit was incredible and our girls loved the variety of pastries. The buffet was expensive, however we ate a late breakfast and then ended up skipping lunch so we felt it was worth the cost. We also had dinner at La Vista. Our waiter, Randall, offered excellent suggestions for our entrees and drinks. Lastly, we had a light dinner at the Puesta de Sol lobby bar. The flatbreads are huge and can easily be shared between two people.
Other reviews mentioned the distance off the main road you need to travel to get to Los Suenos. We rented a car at the hotel and did not have a problem heading off for excursions from here. Some places we enjoyed during our short stay were TacoBar in Jaco (ate there for breakfast one morning and loved it!), watching the sunset from Villa Caletas (go early to get a spot...truly a once in a lifetime experience!), and a guided tour of Manuel Antonio (about an hour and a half drive, but so worth it!) We highly recommend Mario Brenes with Costa Rica Jade Tours.
I must mention that we were most impressed with how the hotel reached out to us prior to our arrival. Susanna Flores arranged for our rental car. She definitely made us feel like Los Suenos wanted our visit to be flawless.
All in all, this is a beautiful resort with great amenities and a friendly staff! If you are looking to stay in this area, definitely consider it!
- Also Known As:
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean And Golf Resort
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Hotel
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Hotel Herradura
- Marriott Los Suenos Ocean Hotel
- Marriott Los Suenos
- Los Suenos Marriott
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort Costa Rica/Herradura
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.