This hotel has beautiful grounds, pool and beach. It is in a good area with lots to do. The same high prices you would find at most luxury resorts which was nice to have a car to drive out to local area spots. The staff was friendly and helpful, and they all spoke english really well. We had to keep calling for a wine opener because the housekeeping would take it away each day, and the glasses weren't cleaned. There weren' t bathrobes in the rooms which was strange for this level hotel. They mixed up our reservations and didn't think we were arriving until the next day, fortunately we had a printed confirmation. It still took the front desk about 45 minutes to get us assigned rooms which seemed longer at 1am and three tired kids. We had three rooms since we were traveling with friends and they had put us in different areas of the hotel. So the next day we had to move again to be closer to each other, which was important since the kids were sharing a room.
There is a casino which only takes american dollars in the machines, so its a good place to get rid of the extra coins on your last day.
There is a great breakfast buffet but it was about $35 per person and no champagne. We did it once but with a bunch of teens that don't eat alot it wasn't worth it to do each day. Right across the street from the hotel was a market we could get breakfast burritos and coffee which was great.
None of the negatives would prevent me from staying there, it was just surprising since it isn't what we have experienced with marriotts in the past.
If you are going to go ziplining, go into Jaco and see steve at AXR tours and rentals, he has the best prices on lots of tours. We drove up to the zip lining place at Los suenos and they wanted $65 and he charged $45. The hotel doesn' t have a concierge, they have a tour agency attached which helps organized tours but with additional costs added.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recognized by Travel & Leisure magazine readers as one of the "World's Best," the Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort is a luxury Costa Rica resort hotel nestled between the warm waters of the Pacific and a 1,100 acre tropical rainforest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jetsetter, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Hotel Herradura
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean And Golf Resort
- Marriott Los Suenos Ocean Hotel
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort Costa Rica/Herradura