We arrived late afternoon from a flight into Liberia. We expected this to be a one night stopover on our travels farther south. We left the next morning and headed south. When we arrived at our next destination we found the accommodations to be unsatisfactory. Since we enjoyed our one night at Los Suenos, we decided to return there for our next three nights.
The Marriott Los Suenos is replete with all of the Marriott resort features you would expect – golf, tennis, large pool, etc. We stayed in a Garden Terrace room. This is a first floor room on the ocean side, with a nice covered patio with table, chairs and a hammock.
There are many oceanside rooms (floors 2-4) that have what would be best described as a Juliet balcony (sliding doors with a railing, but no accessible floor space on the balcony). Then there are some rooms that have true balconies. With the vegetation growing between the hotel and beach, I would think that you need to be on the 4th floor to have a good view of the ocean.
The pool is expansive and has many routes to explore. Beach access requires either some tough feet or sandals/surf shoes. While there is nothing exceptional about this beach, there is not a strong surf, making it very swimmable. Like many Costa Rican beaches, the water is clean, but turbid. The sand is soft and a variegated dark brown, let’s call it mocha, and has many pink shells.
The resort is well maintained, and the staff is friendly. The breakfast buffet is very good, with many options, including omelet and waffle stations. The French toast is excellent – try it without any syrup or other topping – it is that good. There is a marina next door offering sport fishing trips. Also there are several other restaurants at the marina.
There is a small strip mall on route 34 where you turn to Los Suenos (about 1 mile from the hotel) where there is a nice grocery store, a Radio Shack, some clothing stores, a Subway and Pizza Hut Express.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recognized by Travel & Leisure magazine readers as one of the "World's Best," the Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort is a luxury Costa Rica resort hotel nestled between the warm waters of the Pacific and a 1,100 acre tropical rainforest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean And Golf Resort
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Hotel Herradura
- Marriott Los Suenos Ocean Hotel
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort Costa Rica/Herradura