The rooms were standard for Marriott - though it's category 7, the room quality is about the same as category 4 or 5 in the US. The facilities are well groomed and the property is quite luxurious in a gated community. The benefit of this was that you didn't have to worry about anyone breaking into your car, which apparently is a common thing.
Herradura doesn't have much, but Jaco is only 5 minutes away by car, and has much more to do and many places to eat. It was fairly easy to find Los Suenos with a GPS, despite it saying to go down an "unpaved road".
We ate in the restaurant our first night because we didn't have the energy to leave the property. The calamari was excellent, but the entrees were so-so. Overall, it was overpriced, but that's not surprising for a Marriott.
The beach isn't a swimming beach, it's more of a marina. Pretty to look at, but not exactly a beachfront resort with activities the way you would normally expect from a resort.
- Also Known As:
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean And Golf Resort
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Hotel Herradura
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Hotel
- Marriott Los Suenos Ocean Hotel
- Marriott Los Suenos
- Los Suenos Marriott
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort Costa Rica/Herradura
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Venere, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, Priceline, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.