I've stayed here a few times for work and I've enjoyed the Marriott each time. The location is great - on the beach, near Jaco for surfing, and only 90 minutes from San Jose. The resort grounds are pretty and well-maintained and the pool area is enormous. The beach is average and therereally is not much going on (no real water-sports). The food is very good in the restaurants and pool bar. The breakfast buffet is one of the best around, but try and get it included in your room rate or it is very expensive.
As other have mentioned, I don't appreciate paying the high price for wifi (but this is typical of Marriott).
I think when you stay in a Marriott in Costa Rica (or any other country) you need to know what to expect - an American-style resort offering American-friendly service and amenities. If you want the "real" Costa Rica, don't stay in a Marriott or Hilton, etc.
All-in-all, if you want a place to relax with impeccable grounds and amenities, Los Suenos is a good pick.
- Also Known As:
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean And Golf Resort
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Hotel Herradura
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Hotel
- Marriott Los Suenos Ocean Hotel
- Marriott Los Suenos
- Los Suenos Marriott
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort Costa Rica/Herradura
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Marriott, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.