Went here for our honeymoon. I don't usually expect too much from food at a hotel, especially if there aren't other options available nearby, but we loved all the food at El Silencio for every meal. It was incredible. I think we remarked on every dish we ate. To spend 3-4 days at a place and look forward to every meal is great. Perhaps it is priced a little high but at least it is all delicious.
The other great part was the quality of the rooms. You get your own mini-lodge and I think everyone gets a private jacuzzi and a balcony which overlooks the other side of the forested valley the resort is located in. The rooms are tended to every time you leave for a meal or for a trip, so they obviously coordinate very closely for the maid service to come through. The little hot water bags placed at the foot of the bed in the evening were a nice touch.
The rooms are pretty large and have comfy beds and sofa. There are dark blinds in the lodges so you can close them up and sleep in in complete darkness, which for us meant that we got a full 8-10 hours a night which for me is pretty rare. So relaxing. There's no distractions, no TV, or wifi in the rooms so you really just unwind.
The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. You can pay in dollars if you want. There is a hummingbird garden on the property as long as trails where you can overlook the surrounding ridgeline or go see 3 different waterfalls after a short hike.
We also did waterfall rappelling nearby and did a trip to a local pulperia where we made tortillas with the matron of the household.
Most places I'm pretty ho-hum about but this place is definitely one of the most relaxing places I've ever visited.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Silencio Lodge & Spa is a unique luxury cloud forest hotel set in Costa Rica's pristine Bajos del Toro region. Flanked by two national parks, this all-Suite and Private Villa hotel combines upscale comforts with an intense natural immersion experience. Outstanding features include farm-to-table cuisine, a wellness spa, an adventure park, and authentic cultural experiences. Zip-lining, rappelling, horseback riding, waterfall hiking, oxcart painting, Tico cooking lessons, and more can be enjoyed by couples and families (Minimum age: 8). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Jetsetter, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Priceline, Despegar.com, Splendia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your El Silencio Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Silencio Hotel Bajos Del Toro
- El Silencio Lodge & Spa Costa Rica/Bajos Del Toro